Any iPhone Problems?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Has anyone had any software problems with their new iPhones. I've noticed a couple things:

Occassionally after pressing an app to run, it would start & then go back to the home screen.

Sometimes that problem would cascade to other apps as well. A restart fixes that though.

Occasionally, the iPhone restarts on its own while doing something (browsing online, playing an app, etc).

When syncing the iPhone in iTunes, it will try to do a "backup" which takes forever. I can cancel it &

then it will go straight to syncing the iPhone.

Has anyone else had these or any other problems?

Just curious.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Yeah, I have had the same problems. Others have to from what I've read. Just look around the web and you'll see. Looks like it may be more of a problem with the 2.0 software and not the new apps though. Which is good, a small firmware update should fix it.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Yes, the 2.0 is rather buggy. I haven't had any problems with programs crashing. But, I have had speed problems. Sometimes when I unlock the phone it doesn't run as smoothly as 1.1.4. And a lot of times when I press "Phone" and my contacts show, I have to give the phone 5-10sec before I can scroll because I just freezes up for those 5-10sec. I'm thinking its maybe syncing with my MobileMe but I hope the next firmware patch will help.

Both my original and 3G are freezing up when texting occasionally too.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    bergermeisterbergermeister Posts: 6,784member
    Yeah, there seem to be a few bugs... nothing that serious... 2.1 should fix everything.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    mydomydo Posts: 1,888member
    Ditto
  • Reply 5 of 7
    mellomello Posts: 555member
    I did notice an improvement with zooming in when I was browsing. I was checking out a forum

thread & the two-fingered zoom went much further than the old version. It seems the same when

zooming at photos in my photo library though.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    I'm getting the same behavior when launching Jott app - goes back to home screen. What's up with that ?
  • Reply 7 of 7
    krisekrise Posts: 1member
    Hi mates,

Mew chick here.

I got me a new iPhone 3G, it has more then one or two problems with it, but it's still worth the time i spent in line (6 hours) & money.

I needed support with my 3G a few times, after giving up on Apple and At&t, i was lucky enough to find answers here -

http://www.fixya.com/support/t781259-gps_not_working

If you are an owner of a 3G or thinking of buying one, i recommend a visit...

Cheers,

Kristen :-)