iTunes troubles

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
1.) I have a cd that is brand new and still wont play two songs, instead iTunes freezes and wont play them right and I have to completely restart iTunes in order to get it to respond. Has anyone else had problems with certain cds that wont play and freeze iTunes?

2.) I have two profiles on my iMac, my fiance' and mine. We both have been buyiong songs off iTunes with the same card number, however I cant see the songs she buys on my iTunes, and she cant see the songs I buy on her iTunes, is there any way to make it to where iTunes will show the songs we buy on both accounts? We are both administrators as well, dont know if that matters but its frustrating as I want to have some of the songs she has bought on my iPod.

Any help is appreciated, as I am trying to stay away from going to the mall to the Apple store.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    To answer your second question. There is not a way even though you are using the same account. I would suggest you take the MP3 file and put it in a shared folder.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    bbwibbwi Posts: 812member
    I live with two other people and we all keep separate accounts on the Mac and just share our iTunes Library.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bbwi View Post

I live with two other people and we all keep separate accounts on the Mac and just share our iTunes Library.

I am completely new to macs and dont know how to share my iTunes library could you tell me how or do I need to go to a technical forum??

thanks
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DJmastamind View Post

To answer your second question. There is not a way even though you are using the same account. I would suggest you take the MP3 file and put it in a shared folder.

Also I am not sure how to find shared folders? sorry if I am annoying but I am very bad with macs right now I have had a dell for years. Thanks for the help.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    bbwibbwi Posts: 812member
    Open iTunes, then in the top left click the iTunes menu and go to Preferences. Go to the Sharing tab and configure.

The other persons iTunes must be open for it to appear in your iTunes so use Fast User Switching as apposed to logging off and on
  • Reply 6 of 6
    I've also had problems with CDs that didn't work.

What I did was burn the CD using a different computer and then used the burnt CD on my computer. That works for me, anyway.