Cracked Screen, where to take for repair, cost?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
The iPhone 3G was dropped from less than two feet on garage concrete floor and cracked an inner screen, not the screen on very top. It still works fine. This was the most 'soft' drop of a cell phone. I have dropped Treo's from much higher and not broken them. Have two iphone's 3G in family so now paranoid. My thoughts on durability have vanished. It is a horizontal crack in portrait view. Will be buying two protective cases today. Where do I take it for service. Purchased at AT&T. Idea of cost of screen repair.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    8corewhore8corewhore Posts: 833member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Advance The Man View Post

The iPhone 3G was dropped from less than two feet on garage concrete floor and cracked an inner screen, not the screen on very top. It still works fine. This was the most 'soft' drop of a cell phone. I have dropped Treo's from much higher and not broken them. Have two iphone's 3G in family so now paranoid. My thoughts on durability have vanished. It is a horizontal crack in portrait view. Will be buying two protective cases today. Where do I take it for service. Purchased at AT&T. Idea of cost of screen repair.

Apple will know... the 3G is now cheaper as the glass and LCD are separate layers. You only need to replace glass NOT LCD! Check out otterbox cases.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member
    Buy AppleCare and/or take it to a AppleStore/Genius Bar and raise hell. They'll replace it.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gordy View Post

Buy AppleCare and/or take it to a AppleStore/Genius Bar and raise hell. They'll replace it.

Went to GB and he said he would replace it. I told him before that it was our fault. Needless to say I was appreciative. Bought hard cases before leaving Apple.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gordy View Post

btw, Applecare doesn't cover stupidity (unfortunately)