Most apps no longer work on my iPhone..!

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Sorry if this has been asked before but I don't come to these forums often and a quick scan didn't come up with any useful answers.

Well I got my shiny new iPhone 3G 16gb a few days back and all was well, brilliant even (this little device really is a wonder), but now most of my downloaded apps no longer work. They attempt to run, showing their loading screens, but then crash back to the dashboard/desktop. The core stuff such as iPod and Safari work, but the likes of Monkeyball, Critter Crunch and other games all crash on loading now. A few other third party apps, like Last FM and Tuner still work though.

I did a Google on this and found some people saying I 'just' had to reinstall all my apps to make them work again, but they would probably break within a few days again. To me, this sounds like a farce and I hope this is something Apple are going to fix very, very quickly. When I pay for an app I expect it work.

Please tell me there is some other, easier fix which will get my apps back and make them stay back permanently?

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    m.o.s.tm.o.s.t Posts: 255member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kotatsu View Post

Sorry if this has been asked before but I don't come to these forums often and a quick scan didn't come up with any useful answers.

Well I got my shiny new iPhone 3G 16gb a few days back and all was well, brilliant even (this little device really is a wonder), but now most of my downloaded apps no longer work. They attempt to run, showing their loading screens, but then crash back to the dashboard/desktop. The core stuff such as iPod and Safari work, but the likes of Monkeyball, Critter Crunch and other games all crash on loading now. A few other third party apps, like Last FM and Tuner still work though.

I did a Google on this and found some people saying I 'just' had to reinstall all my apps to make them work again, but they would probably break within a few days again. To me, this sounds like a farce and I hope this is something Apple are going to fix very, very quickly. When I pay for an app I expect it work.

Please tell me there is some other, easier fix which will get my apps back and make them stay back permanently?

Thanks!

Did you download the AOL/AIM for some reason I think it was buggy and some how will mess up "root" settings used by other Apps

Version 1.2 is out and might make AOL/AIM more stable

Of note: Sorry to 'slander' AOL/AIM if it is NOT the cause of the problem *Just going from my own experience / guess on the issue
  • Reply 2 of 2
    kotatsukotatsu Posts: 1,010member
    Nope, I'd never touch anything AOL related.

Good News though, I installed a new app (AirMe) and as if by magic my other apps all started working again. How long for I have no idea...