Trouble receiving email on IPhone 3G

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Hi everyone,

I really hope someone can help me because this is really driving me mad! I am in the UK and have a 16GB 3G on O2. I have activated the phone and sync my email accounts etc. and all seems to be absolutely fine.

Except....

I cannot send emails from the phone if I am away from my home network and WiFi. ???? I can receive emails and browse the internet over 3G and Edge but for some reason cannot send emails.

Anyone got any ideas? I am thrilled with the phone but one of the key reasons for buying was to enable me to keep in contact with my freelance clients via mail when I'm away from home and I just can't get this bit to work.

ANY help is very, very gratefully received.

Cheers all,

Andy

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    m.o.s.tm.o.s.t Posts: 255member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by seaside_andy View Post

Hi everyone,

I really hope someone can help me because this is really driving me mad! I am in the UK and have a 16GB 3G on O2. I have activated the phone and sync my email accounts etc. and all seems to be absolutely fine.

Except....

I cannot send emails from the phone if I am away from my home network and WiFi. ???? I can receive emails and browse the internet over 3G and Edge but for some reason cannot send emails.

Anyone got any ideas? I am thrilled with the phone but one of the key reasons for buying was to enable me to keep in contact with my freelance clients via mail when I'm away from home and I just can't get this bit to work.

ANY help is very, very gratefully received.

Cheers all,

Andy

Is your service for email with yahoo or AOL or gmail or .mac aka new mobile me?