Problems setting up voicemail

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I cannot set up visual voice mail, nor even dial in to get traditional voicemail. When I don't answer the phone, callers get the message, "I'm sorry, but the person you have called has a voice mail box that has not been set up yet."

I am not a new AT&T customer. My old voice mail box should be accessible but it is not.

When I'm in the phone application, and I touch the voicemail icon, nothing happens. I have read in an earlier thread that some users have had voicemail problems, and that some have been told that their phone was incorrectly set up to begin with.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    bbwibbwi Posts: 812member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Pete D. View Post

I cannot set up visual voice mail, nor even dial in to get traditional voicemail. When I don't answer the phone, callers get the message, "I'm sorry, but the person you have called has a voice mail box that has not been set up yet."

I am not a new AT&T customer. My old voice mail box should be accessible but it is not.

When I'm in the phone application, and I touch the voicemail icon, nothing happens. I have read in an earlier thread that some users have had voicemail problems, and that some have been told that their phone was incorrectly set up to begin with.

dial your iphone number using your iphone. Follow the prompts
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bbwi View Post

dial your iphone number using your iphone. Follow the prompts

Thanks