MoblieMe -- What new features would you like Apple to add?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
After using MobileMe for about 2 weeks now and suffering through it's initial sluggish-ness, I am starting to like it. However, there is a feature that I would love to have available when I am on a Machine that is not my own --- Bookmarks!

I think that having a bookmarks icon up near the iDisk icon so I could access my bookmarks when I am on a alien machine would be the next thing that I think that Apple should add. You just click the icon and then all of your bookmarks would appear like in the bookmarks manager in most browsers and you could just click on a bookmark and it would open in a new window. I would also be nice to drag and drop an new bookmark into the manager when needed.

Anybody else have an idea for increasing the value of MobileMe by adding new features please post here and let's hope Apple reads this !!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Yeah what's up with that? Apple dropped the ball there. Get on it fruits!

P.S. My mail still hasn't synced correctly. I trash a mail item and it takes a day, or more to disappear from Me.com
  • Reply 2 of 17
    Oh also, Mail does not remember how high I like to keep that third, movable window pane, what height I like the bar above the current viewed message content pane.

The Calendar app doesn't remember the view I prefer. And one of my two photo albums doesn't allow skimming. Downer!

MOBILE ME NEEDS WORK!!
  • Reply 3 of 17
    It would also be great if the Calender app allowed alarms to be set. And subscriptions.
  • Reply 4 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by k squared View Post

It would also be great if the Calender app allowed alarms to be set. And subscriptions.

Good God yeah! Alarms? No fucking online alarms. Ridiculous.
  • Reply 5 of 17
    macaloymacaloy Posts: 104member
    As of this point, just keep the damn service stable

I had my .Mac email for years with perfect service and the transition to MM was a disaster for me. No email for 2 weeks, emails deleted, etc....
  • Reply 6 of 17
    bbwibbwi Posts: 812member
    bookmarks, antivirus, server based rules, remote wipe for my iPhone, or even better if I lose it allow me to turn on the GPS remotely so I can find it... or the bastard that stole it, iWork online apps...
  • Reply 7 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bbwi View Post

bookmarks, antivirus, server based rules, remote wipe for my iPhone, or even better if I lose it allow me to turn on the GPS remotely so I can find it... or the bastard that stole it, iWork online apps...

I made some things bold within your comment there.

Bookmarks - a given.

Remote wipe - clever.

Remote GPS - very good idea.

iWork apps (online) - that will no doubt be added, in time.
  • Reply 8 of 17
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Family Pack: shared calendars. Let my wife and I have individual calendar sets, and a shared calendar set we both can read or write to.
  • Reply 9 of 17
    I don't have an iPhone and I want to access webmail via my J2ME capable mobile phone, like I could with dotmac. Why the hell do they REMOVE features that are useful (make webmail REQUIRE Safari or Firefox, when it worked perfectly well with others before)?
  • Reply 10 of 17
    jabohnjabohn Posts: 582member
    There should be Notes/To-Do section in MobileMe that syncs with the notes app on the iPhone/iPod Touch and Notes etc. in Mail.
  • Reply 11 of 17
    I would like to see a facility to select 3rd party data to sync whenever MobileMe syncs.

An example is Bookpedia, which is what I use to keep track of my books. They now have a version for the iPhone and I would like to be able to tag the database in MobileMe to add that to syncs.
  • Reply 12 of 17
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kenaustus View Post

I would like to see a facility to select 3rd party data to sync whenever MobileMe syncs.

An example is Bookpedia, which is what I use to keep track of my books. They now have a version for the iPhone and I would like to be able to tag the database in MobileMe to add that to syncs.

The developer has to add that... but that's what the Mobile Me Sync API is for. The hooks are there, the devs just need to use them. Contact the Bookpedia folks and request it.
  • Reply 13 of 17
    c6fanc6fan Posts: 12member
    Find a way to share calendars for folks who have PCs using Outlook and have the family plan..
  • Reply 14 of 17
    mydomydo Posts: 1,888member
    How's the "iDisk" feature coming? Is it there yet?
  • Reply 15 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mydo View Post

How's the "iDisk" feature coming? Is it there yet?

I thought that's working, no?
  • Reply 16 of 17
    mydomydo Posts: 1,888member
    I don't know. In the disaster of the release I heard it was pulled. My wife has MM maybe I'll try hers?
  • Reply 17 of 17
    Here is a workaround for the bookmarks problem:

Adding Safari bookmarks to MobileMe