MobileMe Alternatives- Hosted Exchange

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Can someone recommend me a company that will support iPhone 3G that will host my domain and offer hosted exchange?

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by appstate98 View Post

Can someone recommend me a company that will support iPhone 3G that will host my domain and offer hosted exchange?

Thanks!

I was looking into this myself ... the company i use to host sites (1and1) advertised their new "iphone exchange" service ... but to be honest, they were charging £5.99 / month (plus the domain registration fee)....

So it basically ended up being more expensive than mobileme.... the only benefit as far as i can tell is that with exchange you have whatever domain name and email address you like where mobileme is restricted to @me.com

I'm happy with MobileMe personally ... had a couple of glitches ... but i'm still on free trial until september so i've not paid a penny YET
  • Reply 2 of 3
    I found this site about 1&1...

http://www.wolf-howl.com/reviews/1an...hosting-sucks/

I just signed up with www.sherweb.com. I haven't had a chance to set up everything. I've synced up my calendar and contacts, but I'm having email problems.

I found out I set up my MX record exchange wrong so that was my bad.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Just wanted to come back and give a review. I have sherweb. It's about the same price as MobileMe.

It's SWEET! The online sync with iPhone and Outlook is amazingly fast.