Apple should BUY this...

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Want to access anything on your OS X system in like 3 keystrokes?

<a href="http://www.obdev.at/products/launchbar/"; target="_blank">http://www.obdev.at/products/launchbar/</a>;

It's $20, but I think well worth it. You can use it in a limited way for free, too.

Jeff

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    ybotybot Posts: 329member
    Yeah I tried it out, pretty nifty little app. But I never let my OS experience rely on shareware because with almost every shareware app I end up loving either gets discontinued or just fades into infinity.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    I agree! I saw it on the screensavers earlier tonight and I thought I'd give it a try. I don't usually like apps that alter the way I work with my computer (e.g. DragThing and the like), but this thing is AWESOME. Even my girlfriend wanted it for her computer.... (WinME) I told her "Nope. Only for OS X " Made me proud to say that... Worth the $20, IMHO.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    Yuck. No way. :o

of course, that's just my 2¢.

[ 01-30-2002: Message edited by: starfleetX ]</p>
  • Reply 4 of 10
    [quote]Originally posted by starfleetX:

<strong>Yuck. No way. :o

of course, that's just my 2¢.

[ 01-30-2002: Message edited by: starfleetX ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

You should keep those 2¢. They're still worth something up in Wolfpack land, aren't they? A dip of snuff or something (TarHeel here )
  • Reply 5 of 10
    A dip of snuff?? Damn, you heels really are all on the mary jane!
  • Reply 6 of 10
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    torifile, you at UNC as well?

Give poor starfleetXYZ a break... he's right you know... they had to pull the snuff from the shelves there. Staters kept confusing it for a food group.

• Reply 7 of 10
    jeffyboyjeffyboy Posts: 1,055member
    Once I got launcbar configured, I really thought it simplified things. You just tap a couple keys and any folder, file or app is right there.

I was thinking I'd seen a couple people in the forums calling for something like it.

Jeff
  • Reply 8 of 10
    I tried it out but didn't like it.. There isn't a good and solid reason that I didn't like it, but I found it awkward

CD
  • Reply 9 of 10
    [quote]Originally posted by Kickaha:

<strong>torifile, you at UNC as well?

Give poor starfleetXYZ a break... he's right you know... they had to pull the snuff from the shelves there. Staters kept confusing it for a food group.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Nope, not anymore. 1998 alum, unfortunately. I was back a few weeks ago and it was nice, but they closed my coffee shop (Trio's, underneath Hector's) And when are they going to finish construction on that campus? It's been going on since at least 1997. Ruined any scenic pictures I could have taken during my senior year. BTW, do you know if the wireless network in the pit area supports airport? (just curious).
  • Reply 10 of 10
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Yup, 802.11b campus wide, *and* in select areas off campus, such as Caribou, are planned. (I'm just waiting for the He's Not node. )

Trios was great when I first got here 8 years ago, but it went downhill really really fast about six years ago. Caribou is better now... :/ (Well, anything is better, since Trios took the big dive this past year, after trying to convert into a coffee shop/grill and failing miserably.) If you get a chance, head down to the Berryhill medical building coffee shop, it's really quite good.

Campus construction is *accelerating*... Venable is going away, Sitterson is being expanded, and the admin finally got a freakin' clue and are putting in an *underground* parking garage after they tear down the ROTC building.

Um... on topic stuff... um... yeah... LaunchBar... check it out. Um.