BOOT Problem

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I recently tested Boot Camp and found that it wasn't my thing so I switched to VM Ware, after deleting my partition in Boot Camp I noticed that when my iMac restarted I got an error display a "no boot device..." I have to restart my Mac and hold the option key in order to boot in Macintosh HD Does anyone know how to eliminate this issue. Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    System Preferences > Startup Disk > Select the Mac OS X volume.

That should take care of the problem, as the boot manager still wants to start from the Windows partition.

Maybe you have to press the Restart button in the preference pane too. See how it works.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    It worked but now it restarts really slow, but I've read some forums and other people have had this problem, I'm not accepting it but I'll live will it until I find an answer, thanks again.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    bbwibbwi Posts: 812member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Grewenig View Post

It worked but now it restarts really slow, but I've read some forums and other people have had this problem, I'm not accepting it but I'll live will it until I find an answer, thanks again.

Did you rerun the Boot Camp Assistant to remove the partition and restore you hard drive to its original size?
  • Reply 4 of 4
    I did everything that was suggested and it just didn't cut it. Now I'm not saying that Boot Camp was the problem but after I did what I was told, I lost control of my mouse (bluetooth) I lost my external hd, wouldn't connect and it was where I have my home folder. I had to sign in under the guest account and reinstall 10.5. My experience with boot camp has been unpleasant but at least I now have my mac back. I guess we can just blame in on windows