Keynote presentation==> DVD: any way to improve quality?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I have a Keynote '08 presentation that I exported to a QuickTime movie (at maximum quality).

When I play the resulting .mov file in QT it looks great (even full screen).

After taking that .mov and creating an auto-playing, DVD (in Toast Titanium 8.0-- again using maximum available quality), it looks blurry and slightly jerky.

Is this just an artifact of the conversion to DVD? Is there anything that can be done to improve this?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    What are your configurations? Dimensions of the project, etc? Are you using any compression?

Have you tried iDVD to see if it is better? I just burned a major project last week and it looks pretty good.

I have Toast 9 and will give things a try tomorrow (it's 2:45 am for me now).
  • Reply 2 of 4
    argeliusargelius Posts: 309member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

What are your configurations? Dimensions of the project, etc? Are you using any compression?

Have you tried iDVD to see if it is better? I just burned a major project last week and it looks pretty good.

I have Toast 9 and will give things a try tomorrow (it's 2:45 am for me now).

Thanks for your response!

The .mov file that Keynote created is:

1024x768

H.264, AAC,MPEG 3, Sound

20:58

Total Bitrate: 2961

I'll see if iDVD produces a better result.

Now get some sleep!

• Reply 3 of 4
    DVD is 720x480 interlaced video. It's never going to look anywhere near as good as your original.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    argeliusargelius Posts: 309member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Endymion View Post

DVD is 720x480 interlaced video. It's never going to look anywhere near as good as your original.

I pretty much knew that. Was just trying to figure out if there's a combination of QuickTime and/or Toast settings, other than the default "best quality" ones that maximize the available quality...