New iTouch - couple of questions

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hello everyone,

We bought my daughter a new iMac and I got the free iTouch out of the deal. I have a couple of questions if you don't mind.

*The only paperwork it comes with is the "Important Product Information Guide" and the "Quick Start" brochure. There is no user manual, and I was wondering if I am missing that. Because it seems that the next questions I'm about to ask could be easily answered if I had a user manual. The box was sealed.

* How do I delete individual pictures?

* I did the sync function this first time, but next time, will it also download all 1744 of my pictures again, or just the newly added ones? What about songs?

* I have a Macbook which it is currently charging on. However, when I closed the lid and the Macbook went to sleep, the charging stopped. My computer is set to put itself to sleep after 17 minutes of non-use. What is the secret to charging my iTouch without having to simultaneously use the computer while it is charging?

* I cannot seem to add my location to the weather feature. I deleted Cupertino, but cannot add mine via zip code nor typing in the city name. After I do this, I hit "search," and then it says "validating" for about 30 seconds, then nothing else changes. What am I doing wrong?

* I figured out how to delete individual e-mails but how do I delete the whole e-mail box? Like a "select all?"

* Is there a search and/or help feature on the iTouch (again, because I don't seem to have a manual or know if one exists?

* What is the little black mat for? For resting it on? Cleaning it? Both?

Thanks! Just a little frustrated with the lack of a help menu or a physical manual to look this stuff up in...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    After your initial sync, it only syncs changes (deletions or additions)

I don't think you can directly delete a picture from the iPod touch. You do it from the computer.

iPod Touch manual

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en/iPo...ures_Guide.pdf

It's 98 pages.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    yamayama Posts: 427member

Tap on the picture and then tap on the trash can icon in the bottom-right corner.

* I did the sync function this first time, but next time, will it also download all 1744 of my pictures again, or just the newly added ones? What about songs?

It will only synch new pictures/songs.

* I have a Macbook which it is currently charging on. However, when I closed the lid and the Macbook went to sleep, the charging stopped. My computer is set to put itself to sleep after 17 minutes of non-use. What is the secret to charging my iTouch without having to simultaneously use the computer while it is charging?

Use the power socket adapter with the USB cable. That way you can avoid charging from the computer all together.

* I cannot seem to add my location to the weather feature. I deleted Cupertino, but cannot add mine via zip code nor typing in the city name. After I do this, I hit "search," and then it says "validating" for about 30 seconds, then nothing else changes. What am I doing wrong?

Does it work for other cities?

* I figured out how to delete individual e-mails but how do I delete the whole e-mail box? Like a "select all?"

It isn't possible unfortunately - you have to do one e-mail at a time.

* Is there a search and/or help feature on the iTouch (again, because I don't seem to have a manual or know if one exists?

You can get help from going into iTunes and going into the Help menu and choosing "iPod Help".

For cleaning it.

Hope that helps
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by yama View Post

Tap on the picture and then tap on the trash can icon in the bottom-right corner.

There is no trash can icon?? Not in the home button screen nor in any of the photo screens...

Quote:

So, if I delete a picture off my computer, when it syncs again, it will also be deleted off the iTouch?

Quote:

Use the power socket adapter with the USB cable. That way you can avoid charging from the computer all together.

Where do I get this cord? The Apple store?

Quote:

I got it that to work now. I don't think it was connected to the internet last night for a brief time. Now, it is working.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    yamayama Posts: 427member
    Ah, my mistake. If you have an iPhone you can delete photos which were taken with the phone camera.

If you want to delete the photos which were synched, delete them from your computer. Synch with iTunes again and they will be removed from the iPod.

You can get power adapters at the Apple store:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB...mco=MTYzOTcxOQ
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:

It isn't possible unfortunately - you have to do one e-mail at a time.

You can get help from going into iTunes and going into the Help menu and choosing "iPod Help".

For cleaning it.

Hope that helps

Quote:

Ah, my mistake. If you have an iPhone you can delete photos which were taken with the phone camera.

If you want to delete the photos which were synched, delete them from your computer. Synch with iTunes again and they will be removed from the iPod.

You can get power adapters at the Apple store:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB...mco=MTYzOTcxOQ

Thanks!