Apple proposes improvements to Safari browsing experience

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    Safari on my MBP is pretty good but on the iPhone it is crash o matic. Frankly some of the crashes really have no good excuse. For example crashes on simply forum type web sites. So Apple really needs to get cracking on Safari stability on iPhone. After 2.1 it was the only thing that got worst on my 3G.

By the way the second patent sounds like it is designed for iPhone. It certainly would make CNNs web site more useful. The surprising thing though is that the idea is even thought to be patentable. I mean this in the sense of this how long has software been reading data streams to figure put what to do with that data. I guess you can patent anything these days.

In any event like I said Safari on iPhone sucks right now. On my MBP, where there is competitive software, it isn't to bad. Maybe that is an indication of something.

Dave
  • Reply 22 of 29
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Daniel0418 View Post

I hope apple also fixes the BS safari we are stuck with on the iPhone. It crashes every 5 mins while browsing, and while posting in forums like these.

Seriously though I'm glad I'm not the only one frustrated with this. Just when the rest of iPhone seems to be really coming together as a stable platform, iPhone decides to go the opposite way!!!!!!

I hope the big man at Apple is reading this thread.

Dave
  • Reply 23 of 29
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lkrupp View Post

Kinda makes you wonder why he picked the alias "techstud" doesn't it.

Learn how to spell it - lkruppface.

And his convoluted answer to make a web browser full screen is just that.
  • Reply 24 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Johnny Mozzarella View Post

Touché

You mean Douche, Mr. Cheese. That's still not a real solution but a convoluted one .
  • Reply 25 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Daniel0418 View Post

I hope apple also fixes the BS safari we are stuck with on the iPhone. It crashes every 5 mins while browsing, and while posting in forums like these.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by wizard69 View Post

Seriously though I'm glad I'm not the only one frustrated with this. Just when the rest of iPhone seems to be really coming together as a stable platform, iPhone decides to go the opposite way!!!!!!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by wizard69 View Post

Safari on my MBP is pretty good but on the iPhone it is crash o matic. Frankly some of the crashes really have no good excuse. For example crashes on simply forum type web sites. So Apple really needs to get cracking on Safari stability on iPhone. After 2.1 it was the only thing that got worst on my 3G.

By the way the second patent sounds like it is designed for iPhone. It certainly would make CNNs web site more useful. The surprising thing though is that the idea is even thought to be patentable. I mean this in the sense of this how long has software been reading data streams to figure put what to do with that data. I guess you can patent anything these days.

In any event like I said Safari on iPhone sucks right now. On my MBP, where there is competitive software, it isn't to bad. Maybe that is an indication of something.

When does Wikipedia update the term "whiner" with a picture of someone holding an iPhone?
  • Reply 26 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

When does Wikipedia update the term "whiner" with a picture of someone holding an iPhone?

Clever... no not really. You want to know how I know you lack intellect? Because you get your information from wikipedia. Anyway as for everyone else who posted about safari. There are hundreds of posts complaining on the apple forum and they still don't do anything about it. I am not whining I just want the biggest feature on the iPhone 'Safari' to work properly. The most ironic thing about it is you cannot even post a reply on the apple forum with apples iPhone.
  • Reply 27 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Virgil-TB2 View Post

Another good rule of thumb is that some (insert huge made up percentage here), of browser "problems" usually turn out to be web page problems. For instance if a browser is "stuttering" that suggests it's stuck in a loop or trying to load the same info over and over again. That kind of crap behaviour is so extremely unlikely on any modern browser that it's almost certainly a problem with the way the site is coded.

Quote:

Don't you know it's not Safari/Apple's problem being unstable - it's just the web designers fault?

So how does that explain Apple.com giving me some of the worst crashing issues then????

• Reply 28 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KindredMac View Post

So how does that explain Apple.com giving me some of the worst crashing issues then????

Your case sounds unique, I also work with many macs and find Safari as stable as Firefox. I would check a few things such as the RAM chips, background apps, or try re-installing Safari.

Yeah never had problems with Apple's website before.

Might be Quicktime issues.
  • Reply 29 of 29
    begbeg Posts: 53member
    Quote:

You mean Douche, Mr. Cheese. That's still not a real solution but a convoluted one .

*cough*

Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism

...but I'm sure you'll complain about these options.