iPod 30g Hard drive storing

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
So in the past I've been able to store files in my iPod by copy/pasting them into the iPod hard drive that normally pops up in My Computer as a removeable storage device, but it is no longer showing up in My Computer when I hook up my iPod, I already tried resetting it with the Menu+middle button and it did nothing.

Any advice?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AaronEdge View Post

So in the past I've been able to store files in my iPod by copy/pasting them into the iPod hard drive that normally pops up in My Computer as a removeable storage device, but it is no longer showing up in My Computer when I hook up my iPod, I already tried resetting it with the Menu+middle button and it did nothing.

Any advice?

In iTunes, click on the iPod and look in its settings menu. There should be an option to enable disk usage. Maybe iTunes 8 unchecked the box or something.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FuturePastNow View Post

In iTunes, click on the iPod and look in its settings menu. There should be an option to enable disk usage. Maybe iTunes 8 unchecked the box or something.

Awesome, I didn't even see that option down their, it was checked off so I un-checked it and then checked it back on and it worked. I wouldn't have figured that out without your help, thank you.