SEC investigating false report on Steve Jobs heart attack

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 44
    mchumanmchuman Posts: 154member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by walshbj View Post

Didn't your mother ever tell you about life not being fair?

Yes, life is life. But there are those of us who want to help people, not hurt people. You can choose another road, fine with me.

Quote:

First rule of investing - don't put money in that you might need in the short term.

Did you know there are not only investors, but also people called traders? This mostly impacted them, and those on margin and in derivative plays. Where you lose a few points, they can make or lose 1000's of percent. Of course they should learn capital protection, but I'm just pointing out your ignorance to the severity of the event, and to the market participants, in general.
  • Reply 42 of 44
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

No it's not. As we have seen, our problem in the US has not been lack of laissez-faire.

A little pettiness early on from government oversight organizations might have saved us from this mess we're in now. Someone's head is likely to roll in some of these oversight organizations, better believe they'll be scrambling to show they are doing their job for fear of the government clean up soon to come (that is if any of the candidates keep their promises).
  • Reply 43 of 44
    It seems every time some bad news about Steve's health comes out, Apple's stock price takes a nosedive.

This is dangerous for 3 reasons:
    1. Steve is getting on in age and won't be able to carry the company for many more decades.

2. Apple is not demonstrating well enough that their business does not revolve around Steve.

3. I hate being the one to point this out but if someone sincerely wanted to hurt Apple's stock price they might try to hurt Steve. Steve's well-being could be at risk if his health and his business are so closely tied.

IMHO An heir to the Apple CEO throne should be found post haste.
  • Reply 44 of 44
    walshbjwalshbj Posts: 864member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by McHuman View Post

Yes, life is life. But there are those of us who want to help people, not hurt people. You can choose another road, fine with me.

Did you know there are not only investors, but also people called traders? This mostly impacted them, and those on margin and in derivative plays. Where you lose a few points, they can make or lose 1000's of percent. Of course they should learn capital protection, but I'm just pointing out your ignorance to the severity of the event, and to the market participants, in general.

You have a really nasty tone McHuman, nothing like your name. I'm not enjoying conversing with you - so I'm out. But it's good to know someone like you is around to decide who is worthy of posting on thi forum.

PS - Traders or investors: when they put their money into aapl they should have weighed the risk of rumors - as I have - and decided to either live with it or stay out. If this is how they make their living it's up to them to keep covered. That's my last word on this thread.