Netflix - good deal or not?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 31
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Sorry, dragging this one back up. Think I have something to add.

My wife and I get Netflix and for the most part it's great.

Back when we shipped DVDs to our address in Chicago we had a large number of DVD either not get to us or not get back to Netflix. They suspended us once. They were "good" about it. All we had to do was register the theft with the Post Master. BUT we did have a lot of trouble getting disks to and from them.

NOW I ship them to my address in Ann Arbor. No problems. Fast turn around, < 5 days.
  • Reply 22 of 31
    bauman asked: What are the costs of the 2 DVD-at-a-time plan? I went to their website, but all they list is the 3 DVD-at-a-time for 20 bucks.

I looked on the website and it says for 2 DVD's a time is $13.99 and there is no monthly limit to how many videos you rent a month. also... unlimited hours instantly on your PC.
  • Reply 23 of 31
    Number one benefit of Netflix, no surly Blockbuster people to deal with. I love Netflix. One thing I've learned about rentals, though. If I can't force myself to view the movie within a week of having it, it's not worth my time and I just mail it back. I have 500 movies on my list, so it doesn't make sense hold onto any one movie for too long. Also, to save a little more money I just switched from the 3 at a time plan to the 2 at a time plan.
  • Reply 24 of 31
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    my family loves it, great service, and it's not 20 it about 17 for 3 dvd's, \\

its great for kids they like to play movies again and again, that's why i'm not going the apple tv route or downloads because my kids can see a movie about 20 times before another kids program comes out, also as was said earlier, if a movie bombs at the house send it back and within a few days you have a new dvd
  • Reply 25 of 31
    kennethkenneth Posts: 832member
    I was a Netflix subscriber for 2 years. After the day I bought the Apple TV, I canceled my subscription. DVD rental was just fine, but blu-ray movie titles were a pain.
  • Reply 26 of 31
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post

I was a Netflix subscriber for 2 years. After the day I bought the Apple TV, I canceled my subscription. DVD rental was just fine, but blu-ray movie titles were a pain.

I was a Wal-Mart online video rental customer (back when they still existed) before Netflix, and a regular Blockbuster renter prior to Netflix. IMO, Netflix is better than the alternatives for my money.
  • Reply 27 of 31
    I like Netflix for the money and movie selection
  • Reply 28 of 31
    We signed up for the download service a few weeks ago. We get all the downloads you want plus one DVD at a time for about $10 a month. Although the downloadable selection isn't nearly as good as the DVD section, we've found the service to be fantastic. We've got over 200 movies in our dl queue and about 50 or so in our delivery queue. I guess it depends on the type of movies/shows you like. If you like the newest stuff, it's probably not for you. If you don't mind slightly older or less popular movies, then it works out great. There is the additional cost of the Roku player for our tv but the cost of cable minus the cost of the player plus monthly charge will save us money within two to three months.
  • Reply 29 of 31
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Wow, I started this thread over 5 years ago...
  • Reply 30 of 31
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BRussell View Post

Wow, I started this thread over 5 years ago...

Holy cow, you're right. Who's going back and reviving ancient threads?