Adobe says Creative Suite 4.0 shipping, Flash 10 available

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    Odd complaint: Where are the education upgrades for CS4???

Piracy is negative because there are no limits. Amazing programs that are a great value get pirated the same as crappy overpriced programs. Who are you to decide what products are great and what ones are shit? Either buy the product or dont buy the product. There are other options and you always have a choice. (you are not going to die if you do not have CS4)
  • Reply 22 of 24
    I guess I'm one of the very few who thinks Flash 10 kicks ass, huh?!

It has the best animation feature set ever added to Flash, well thought out and impressively impressive.

Anyone who does lots of motion path animation or multiple part object animation will appreciate the new path feature and the new IK feature or bones.

Although the 3D feature is kinda generic, it's still nice to have. I hope they improve on it though.

Motion presets are heaven sent, I haven't tried it yet but it should save lots of time and aggravation in trying to apply the same motion to different objects.

Metadata, about time!

The IK feature alone may very well increase Adobe's market share in the storyboard market, this may put a little dent in ToonBoom's market share.

A Camera or Viewpoint feature is still missing, one similar to the ones in Motion 3 and Aftereffects.
  • Reply 23 of 24
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by success View Post

ROTFL...naive.

Btw, pirating Adobe products does not drive up the price.

Does car theft drive up the price of cars? No. It does however give insurance companies a good excuse to raise rates.

The real issue about pirated software is the chance it is rancid and will start adding code to the files you save or something along that line of mischief.
  • Reply 24 of 24
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kim kap sol View Post

Horseshit! You can work without their products just fine. There are tons of composition apps out there. Perhaps they have less features but at least the ones that are there aren't half-baked or totally unnecessary like in Adobe's product.

This is like saying nobody can use a computer without Windows...or you can't work long without Windows because someone is going to send you a file saved in a format which will force you to use Windows. NO! NO! NO! It's bullshit and you know it.

I guess we have to agree to disagree.

In my opinion, you absolutely need Windows machines as well as Macs and Linux in a professional design studio. There are all kinds of files that our customers send us that cannot be opened on a Mac.

Likewise, if I refused to receive or provide files in Adobe's proprietary file formats, I would not be in business very long. I'm not promoting Adobe or Windows, it is just the reality of today's publishing/design workflow environment.