Apple Employee Discount

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I have someone working at Apple to buy me a product for 25% off. I wanted to get the new Macbook Pro 15in, but I got an email back from the person saying that they can't get the new stuff right away, meaning they need to wait a couple of months before Apple allowing them to purchase the "new" stuff. Anyone know about this and about how long until Apple opens up the new things for employee discount?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Aren't you answering your own question?
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Aren't you answering your own question?

She said it depends ranging from a couple of weeks to a couple of months. But I would like to know if anyone knew a firm date?
  • Reply 3 of 6
    There isn't any firm dates. It's based on availability only. Apple will not allow for its employees to buy something that is in demand by customers and that stock is not high enough to fill that demand. Plain and simple.

In my experience, this is not normally that long. I got my iPhone at the end of July(07) after they came out. I've bought a couple of MBPs pretty close after updates before - not as much demand.

Also something to keep in mind, is that Apple will only let their employees buy one (1) of each item in a calendar year or product revision.

Meaning is they purchase a uni-body mbp, then they won't be able to buy another one until the uni-body gets another update.

Hope that helps.

(btw if you can make friends with an Apple employee, it is highly advisable to do so - I've been buying top of the line MBPs for years now, ones that normally cost $3100 - getting them for 2400-2600 and then selling them after a year of use, and still making money on the deal. It's awesome.)
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SCARECROW View Post

There isn't any firm dates. It's based on availability only. Apple will not allow for its employees to buy something that is in demand by customers and that stock is not high enough to fill that demand. Plain and simple.

In my experience, this is not normally that long. I got my iPhone at the end of July(07) after they came out. I've bought a couple of MBPs pretty close after updates before - not as much demand.

Also something to keep in mind, is that Apple will only let their employees buy one (1) of each item in a calendar year or product revision.

Meaning is they purchase a uni-body mbp, then they won't be able to buy another one until the uni-body gets another update.

Hope that helps.

(btw if you can make friends with an Apple employee, it is highly advisable to do so - I've been buying top of the line MBPs for years now, ones that normally cost $3100 - getting them for 2400-2600 and then selling them after a year of use, and still making money on the deal. It's awesome.)

Thanks Scarecrow, exactly what I needed to know! I can't wait any longer! Even one more month!!!! But I guess I don't need it THAT badly!

Hopefully there isn't much demand for the $2499 MBP 15in!
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Anyone know the link to the EPP Store that Employees at the Headquarters (1 Infinite Loop) get? I want to check it out constantly until the new Macbook Pro 15in $2499 comes out!!!!!
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by itisme1760 View Post

Anyone know the link to the EPP Store that Employees at the Headquarters (1 Infinite Loop) get? I want to check it out constantly until the new Macbook Pro 15in $2499 comes out!!!!!

Yeah I know the link to the store, but I won't give it to you. And even if I did give it to you you wouldn't be able to access it unless you were behind the firewall and have an authorized account and password.