iChat Problems

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I'm having the problem signing onto my iChat account. When I double-click the icon to start it up, iChat tries signing onto my AIM profile over and over again but never connects. Then the message that "I've tried logging on too many times" pops up on my screen. This is something that has been happening to me sporadically over the last few months and has become more common recently. I've done some trouble shooting and I've narrowed out the fact that it could be my computer. It's either some kind of issue with iChat itself or a bad wireless router or connection. Has anyone else experienced this problem, I can't be the only one?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    The latest error message I'm getting when trying to sign onto iChat...

Error: Auth:ResvLinkError

Does anyone know what these even means? I figured out how to fix iChat shortly after I made this thread (it had to do with the system update) but this is something completely new as of this evening.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    I also got this error.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    According to Apple, it was an AIM server error and would only be temporary. Mine, out of the blue, started working again after an hour or so.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cusson View Post

The latest error message I'm getting when trying to sign onto iChat...

Error: Auth:ResvLinkError

Does anyone know what these even means? I figured out how to fix iChat shortly after I made this thread (it had to do with the system update) but this is something completely new as of this evening.

You don't use Adium or work on Linux much because Oscar connection errors are common place, mainly because AOL tries to block access to it's servers.

For them to screw up Apple's connection means someone on their end got happy feet intercepting packets too liberally.