Check this out (Petition to bring back Yellow Box)

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
<a href="http://www.of.org/rhaptel/formltr.pdf"; target="_blank">Click here </a>

[ 05-08-2002: Message edited by: Amorph ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Please use a more descriptive topic header next time.

For those curious, it's a PDF you can print out and sign petitioning Apple for Yellow Box and/or OS X on x86.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    sc_marktsc_markt Posts: 1,402member
    [quote]Originally posted by Amorph:

<strong>Please use a more descriptive topic header next time.

For those curious, it's a PDF you can print out and sign petitioning Apple for Yellow Box and/or OS X on x86.</strong><hr></blockquote>

What is Yellow box for?
  • Reply 3 of 7
    whisperwhisper Posts: 735member
    [quote]Originally posted by sc_markt:

<strong>

What is Yellow box for?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Cocoa on Wintel.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    kedakeda Posts: 722member
    The letter is dated '98.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Wasn't that Red Box? As far as I know, Mac OS X on PPC is Yellow Box.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    jutusjutus Posts: 272member
    Hello.

It has been made clear at many sessions here at WWDC that Yellow Box for Windows is dead. Very dead. There is a lot of engineering overhead associated with making Cocoa apps cross platform.

I quote an Apple eng: "Apple's cross platform strategy is Java. Yellow Box for Windows is long dead."

Apple is doing everything they can to implement a solid Java platform and to allow for pure Java developers to provide a great OS X app experience.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    RedBox was for emulating Windows Apps right inside OS X, or at the time Rhapsody. Yellow Box is a cross platform set of API`s in witch if a program is compiled using this set of API`s it would run on both intel and PPC. The OS it self as far as I know had to be ported, but because of yellow box the applications did not, yellow box is cocoa and webobjects today, although cocoa renders with PDF`s