Mighty Mouse keeps going into expose!!!!

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
for some reason if I move my Mighty mouse in a diagonal line, it puts my screen in expose mode

any advice?

its wired BTW

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    My guess is that you have screen corners set up, when the mouse is moved to a certain corner of the screen it activates expose:

*(On leopard) Go to System Preferences : Expose & Spaces.

*Click on Expose and look under active screen corners section. Use the menus to disable all expose actions from the screen corners. (just set them to the blank option)

If that does not correct the problem, under the same system preferences menu look at the section titled "Expose". On the farthest left set of menus, set all the drop down menus to blank so that mouse buttons do not enable expose.

Other than that, I would need more information to correct your problem.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    does the mighty mouse use the optical eye as a switch?

I have a crazy design on my mouse pad, and in certain areas of the design where it gets very detailed, the mouse makes a very rapid clicking noise. This is when the screen goes into expose
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Trevowski View Post

does the mighty mouse use the optical eye as a switch?

I have a crazy design on my mouse pad, and in certain areas of the design where it gets very detailed, the mouse makes a very rapid clicking noise. This is when the screen goes into expose

Also, I would check in your keyboard and mouse preferences whether or not your side buttons are set to be what brings that computer into Expose mode.

-Check the mouse preferences for side button actions.

-Also, as Trev said. Make sure that your mouse pad is something subtle and not something flashy or glossy because that will reek havoc on an optical mouse.