Can anyone suggest lightweight word processor apps that feature floating text?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hello! I am in search for a lightweight, TextEdit-like app that has the handy floating text insert feature. Freeware would be the greatest, but i dont mind paying a modest shareware fee. I have and use Appleworks still, which has the handy feature by Option-Clicking anywhere you want the floating text, but am looking for something a little more future proof.

I downloaded Bean and iText Express, but I could not find that sweet feature in those apps. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    I think OpenOffice.org 3.0 has it in the form of text frames. Is that what you are looking for? What about Pages from iWork? You get the benefit of Keynote and Numbers, too.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GrayShades View Post

I think OpenOffice.org 3.0 has it in the form of text frames. Is that what you are looking for? What about Pages from iWork? You get the benefit of Keynote and Numbers, too.

I have Appleworks, which does this, but I just was looking for something with a smaller footprint, much like TextEdit. It's just that I so want that floating text feature! SO BAD!

I might be unreasonably holding out for that feature, but I just wish that I could customize appleworks a little more. But, then again, Appleworks is a dead program, so I would hate to invest a whole bunch into it.

Anyway, I am also on a budget, and not necessarily trying to purchase another major program! I already have Office for the mac too. I want a small app!!!

Thanks for your help!

=)