Airport card can not see network

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I have recently moved. I had no issues with the my network on my G5. We moved, I bought an Airport Extreme and set it up through Qwest DSL. My G4 laptop, my iphone, my roommates G4 laptop and his dell laptop all successfully see and login into our network just fine. However my G5 doesn't see any network available. Like I said, in our old spot, everything was fine. Any Suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Wireless Card TypetAirPort Extreme

Wireless Card LocaletUSA

Wireless Card Firmware Versiont405.1 (3.90.34.0.p18)

Current Wireless Network: wireless network not available

Power Mac G5 Mac OS X (10.4.11) Dual 2 GHz PowerPC G5 2 GB DDR SDRAM

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by yagervideo View Post

I have recently moved. I had no issues with the my network on my G5. We moved, I bought an Airport Extreme and set it up through Qwest DSL. My G4 laptop, my iphone, my roommates G4 laptop and his dell laptop all successfully see and login into our network just fine. However my G5 doesn't see any network available. Like I said, in our old spot, everything was fine. Any Suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Wireless Card TypetAirPort Extreme

Wireless Card LocaletUSA

Wireless Card Firmware Versiont405.1 (3.90.34.0.p18)

Current Wireless Network: wireless network not available

Power Mac G5 Mac OS X (10.4.11) Dual 2 GHz PowerPC G5 2 GB DDR SDRAM

You say in our "old spot", but in your "old spot" were you using the Airport Extreme?

Laters...
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rezwits View Post

You say in our "old spot", but in your "old spot" were you using the Airport Extreme?

Laters...

no I wasn't.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    jmdjmd Posts: 1member
    I know this is an OLD thread, but FWIT, I have the same problem.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    brlawyerbrlawyer Posts: 828member
    Try changing the Airport channels or the security protocol...also, you might have to type the name of the network in case it's invisible. The Airport Utility is the app to use for all this.