Apple's next-gen 17-inch MacBook Pro due in a few months

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 86
    mellomello Posts: 555member
    I don't plan to upgrade to the new 17" Macbook Pro until Snow Leopard. I just wish that there will

be an option for a quad-core 17-incher with a Blu-Ray burner.
  • Reply 82 of 86
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mello View Post

I don't plan to upgrade to the new 17" Macbook Pro until Snow Leopard. I just wish that there will

be an option for a quad-core 17-incher with a Blu-Ray burner.

Yes. Waiting on the same thing...
  • Reply 83 of 86
    mabmab Posts: 14member
    any word on the new 17-inch macbook pro release?
  • Reply 84 of 86
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sigs21 View Post

I work with Photoshop and edited all day long.. with a glossy mac.. why would anyone require a antiglare display.. subdues the colors... PS I am a professional sports photographer.

I suppose you don't need to worry about printing accuracy as a professional sports photojournalist. Many artists feel this aspect is important though. But I am surprised that you prefer your glossy screen in the field to a non-glossy screen. Many of us do NOT prefer it, and only can tolerate the glossy screen under controlled light conditions.

Then again, maybe you are an Apple employee?
  • Reply 85 of 86
    mabmab Posts: 14member
    just wondering what you guys think of such a product?

http://www.protectcovers.com/screen_protectors.htm

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sadhu View Post

I suppose you don't need to worry about printing accuracy as a professional sports photojournalist. Many artists feel this aspect is important though. But I am surprised that you prefer your glossy screen in the field to a non-glossy screen. Many of us do NOT prefer it, and only can tolerate the glossy screen under controlled light conditions.

Then again, maybe you are an Apple employee?

• Reply 86 of 86
    Do you think there's any chance that the new 17" unibody would have a better graphics card than 9600M GT even as an upgrade option?