Big Problems After iLife '09 Installation

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I installed iLife and after the forced reset, my cursor is stuck in the top left corner and the keyboard/trackpad won't work. I tried to boot in safe mode, no luck. However, the keyboard works fine in windows via bootcamp. I'm fairly new to macs and don't have much experience troubleshooting so any help would be great! BTW I'm running a MBP dual core.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TeamWasabi View Post

I installed iLife and after the forced reset, my cursor is stuck in the top left corner and the keyboard/trackpad won't work. I tried to boot in safe mode, no luck. However, the keyboard works fine in windows via bootcamp. I'm fairly new to macs and don't have much experience troubleshooting so any help would be great! BTW I'm running a MBP dual core.

1. Have you tried repairing permissions (Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility)

2. Resetting your PRAM and NRAM (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1379)
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Michael_Moriarty View Post

1. Have you tried repairing permissions (Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility)

2. Resetting your PRAM and NRAM (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1379)

Mike- thanks for the reply!

1) I can't get into permissions since the keyboard/trackpad is frozen

2) I tried resetting the PRAM and NRAM without any luck.

Thanks for the suggestions though!

Any other thoughts?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Try running Disk Utility from the OS X installation disc. Your keyboard should work there.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dougc View Post

Try running Disk Utility from the OS X installation disc. Your keyboard should work there.

Thanks Doug... I actually wound up just reinstalling OS X and everything worked perfectly after that. May not have been the best solution but as long as everything works, I'll take it!

Thanks for the help!