Java 1.6 for OS X 10.5.6?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hey everyone,

Long time browser, first time poster. I just have a question about finding the Java 1.6 update for my macbook pro. I did a search first and came up with nothing. I went to Java's website and all it recommends to do is run a software update which I have done, but it only updated me to java 1.5. Apple and Download.com only have the Java 1.6 update for the "64-bit capable Intel" computers, but I guess my machine is a 32 bit. I did a google search and there are plenty of blog and computer sites that say it is available, and has been since April of 2008. Can any of you point me in the right direction on where I can find it? Just trying to get Limewire to work on this thing (its my first Mac, pretty fancy machines these things are, very happy with it). Thanks for the help in advance everyone.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Carbd86gt View Post

Hey everyone,

Long time browser, first time poster. I just have a question about finding the Java 1.6 update for my macbook pro. I did a search first and came up with nothing. I went to Java's website and all it recommends to do is run a software update which I have done, but ...

No but's. Java is an integral part of MacOS X. Software Update has your system up-to-date with the latest compatible version of Java.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Thanks Mr. Me. A friend of mine figured out that the Java 1.6 is part of "snow leopard" and the version of Limewire I was trying to download is a beta for the new system or something. I just downloaded a little older version of limewire and its all good now. Thanks again!