Apple is hibernating (all new product releases) until (Steve's Jobs return in) June

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
My greatest fears were recently confirmed by a research note by Apple-friendly and occasional unofficial spokesperson, Sean Wu. He said that he did not see revised iMacs "until June, at the earliest". Given that they were expected last autumn/fall, and several key times ever since, some of us are starting to get old because of the delay.

The economy is bad and Steve is apparently hibernating. I really do wonder whether he is physically ill or if he is so depressed with the global economy that he has retired to bed until the song of bird of recovery wakes him.

While he is away, Sean intimates that there will be no significant news at Apple. Steve will wake up to present the new Mac OS and a multitude of products in June if the economic conditions are right. Otherwise, we may all soon have to hibernate with him.

Tim.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    you have no idea how glad i am to hear that news.........
  • Reply 2 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by r.kirkerrr View Post

you have no idea how glad i am to hear that news.........

Why ?
  • Reply 3 of 11
    So, is this "all new product releases" or the iMac? You mention both.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    That makes zero sense.

apple announced the 17" Macbook Pro refresh sans Stevo
  • Reply 5 of 11
    timmillea,

sorry, sometimes i lose myself on such forums, and forget that things like sarcasm are completely in-detectable when using a keyboard.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by timmillea View Post

My greatest fears were recently confirmed by a research note by Apple-friendly and occasional unofficial spokesperson, Sean Wu.

Shaw Wu is an analyst and doesn't deserve any more credibility than the rest of them. Their research = guesswork based on past activity, same as everybody else. It's a ridiculous suggestion that they will wait another 3 months at least for a hardware refresh. Their shares are low and their desktop sales are very poor. They need to update as soon as they can.

If they leave it until June, when the next iphone and Snow Leopard are likely to arrive then it reduces the constant flow of interest. It also means cementing Apple's success to the presence of Jobs, which is part of the reason Jobs left. Jobs even said that there would be Mac updates before he got back himself.

Forget what analysts say, they try to predict what will happen with stock and concoct rumors to make it happen. Ignore them all.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by r.kirkerrr View Post

timmillea,

sorry, sometimes i lose myself on such forums, and forget that things like sarcasm are completely in-detectable when using a keyboard.

I was racking my brain and came up with several possible reasons which I couldn't accept and will gladly now spare you.

Go to sleep, go to sleep, go to sleep ... ... ... ... .
  • Reply 8 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post

That makes zero sense.

apple announced the 17" Macbook Pro refresh sans Stevo

That was the heavily delayed 17" MBP left out from the release last year.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

Shaw Wu is an analyst and doesn't deserve any more credibility than the rest of them. Their research = guesswork based on past activity, same as everybody else. It's a ridiculous suggestion that they will wait another 3 months at least for a hardware refresh. Their shares are low and their desktop sales are very poor. They need to update as soon as they can.

If they leave it until June, when the next iphone and Snow Leopard are likely to arrive then it reduces the constant flow of interest. It also means cementing Apple's success to the presence of Jobs, which is part of the reason Jobs left. Jobs even said that there would be Mac updates before he got back himself.

Forget what analysts say, they try to predict what will happen with stock and concoct rumors to make it happen. Ignore them all.

I hope you are right.

The company should be doing everything necessary demonstrate that it is not dependant upon Steve as CEO for many, many reasons. However Steve, even on health sabbatical, appears to be running the company with an iron rod to maximise the glory of his return.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    It would be stupid of Apple to delay new products until Steve returns. A public company does not and should not depend on one person. They are not going to miss out on any sales just to have Steve announce something.

As a shareholder, I want Apple to be strong even without Steve. I don't want my personal net worth to depend on news of someone (who I have never met) sneezing or something. I think the Apple stock price has stood up to Steve temporarily stepping back - it would be crazy for Apple to reverse this.

That said, Steve has been Apple's most valuable resources (or is it the other way around). We need to take the pressure off of Steve and allow him to get back to things in his own time.

I personally think that the delay for iMacs has been in development - I think we are in for some very pleasant surprises !!
  • Reply 11 of 11
    Somehow i just cannot see Apple delaying the release of a new iMac, all they need to do is bump up the speed a little maybe, which surely cannot be seen as too risky a move in the current economic climate.:/