DVD Eject

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I keep on having blank DVDs ejected from my iMac drive, it won't accept them and they won't even engage, it's not a case them being ejected when I try to burn. The drive works fine for blank CDs. Anyone had this problem, and if so, what is the solution? Is it a software or hardware problem?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    At the risk of offending you... Your iMac does have a Superdrive, not a Combodrive... right?
  • Reply 2 of 7
    utisnum1utisnum1 Posts: 138member
    What is the model of your iMac?
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by UTisNUM1 View Post

What is the model of your iMac?

It's an Intel 2 ghz, OSX 10.5.6 WITH 1.5 GB RAM
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

At the risk of offending you... Your iMac does have a Superdrive, not a Combodrive... right?

Superdrive is right.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    I've tried some pre-recorded discs and it throws out pirates but plays genuine ones.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    iMacs seem to be moody about cd's and specially dvd's. If you got the wrong brand it spits it out.

Seems to me that the best brand is a cheap cd/dvd called Imation, I don't know if in the USA they sell it.

But try all brands you can and you'll find one the iMac will accept...
  • Reply 7 of 7
    taurontauron Posts: 911member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacMalaga View Post

I keep on having blank DVDs ejected from my iMac drive, it won't accept them and they won't even engage, it's not a case them being ejected when I try to burn. The drive works fine for blank CDs. Anyone had this problem, and if so, what is the solution? Is it a software or hardware problem?

I had the same problem. I ended up solving the problem after my applestore diagnosed the defect as a corrupted driver, believe it or not. They asked me to reinstall Leopard and not to install MS Office as it was probably the cause of the corruption.