Desperate need of help customizing an Apple Mail template

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I came across this thread on Apple's discussion boards which discusses how to customize Apple's built in 'Baby Announcement' Mail.app template to make it pink (because the built in template is surprisingly only available in blue)

The method suggested for customizing the template is more than I believe I can pull off on my own, and unfortunately the link the OP provides at the bottom of his original post where people can download the customized template he pre-made is no longer valid.

My wife is due to give birth in about 1 week (which means she could deliver at any day really). We don't know the sex of the baby...If it's a boy we'll be fine using the built in template as is, but if it's a girl, we're screwed and my bright idea on how we could save some money and at the same time be a bit more 'Green' by not sending out snail-mail baby announcements is likely to wind up coming back to bite me in the ***!

Any help with putting together a pink version of the baby announcement template would be really really really appreciated... Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    If you navigate to that directory in the Finder:

/Library/Application Support/Apple/Mail/Stationery/Apple/Contents/Resources/Announcements/Contents/Resources/

you will find the templates. You can duplicate the baby one and call it baby-girl.

If you right-click the file and choose 'show package contents', you can navigate to the resources and you will see the jpg images. If you get a program like Photoshop Elements, Seashore, Pixelmator, you can do a replace color and you select the background color.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    m021478m021478 Posts: 71member
    Figured it out...

Here is a pink version of the baby announcement template

Copy the Baby.mailstationery "package" into your Custom stationery folder:
    ~/Library/Application Support/Mail/Stationery/Apple/Contents/Resources/Custom/Contents/Resources/
    ...you may have to create a couple of new folders to complete the path written above.

Hope this helps some other expecting father out there!