Which PC only programs need to come to the Mac?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    jwsteelejwsteele Posts: 12member
    Microsoft Money
  • Reply 22 of 25
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by skybolt View Post

I second the mapping software request -- but not necessarily one that needs GPS. I used to use Delorme Street Atlas, and it was fabulous! Much better than the MS app. We really need a good mapping app.

Definitely!!!!!!!!

Whatever happened to Route 66? You can't even tell they used to make Mac map software now on their site. You'd think they'd make an iPhone app at least. Also it's too bad DeLorme disappeared. Both had poor interfaces but they got the job done. There is nothing like them now. I still fire up Route 66 2004 sometimes but its dataset is showing its age, since, well, roads have changed.

ESRI bring us ArcGIS!! With a Mac interface! I can dream...that and AutoCAD would be great. And Access.

Anyone else here do GIS? I'm thinking of doing a MS in geography with a focus on GIS and GPS. Making maps is just fun, especially when you collect the data personally and then map it.
  • Reply 23 of 25
    I'd be happy if Microsoft/Apple just made Office play nice with Spaces.
  • Reply 24 of 25
    bareddbaredd Posts: 31member
    Clone DVD, Clone DVD Mobile and Any DVD If anyone doesnt know what they are, one removes all CSS keys etc from DVD/HDDVD and BluRay and the other allows copying and re-encoding of DVD/HDDVD and BluRay.
  • Reply 25 of 25
    pkguy323pkguy323 Posts: 14member
    iBank 3.4.2 is so far, IMO, the closest finance app on Mac to what MS Money offers. You can try a demo out to see if it fits. www.iggsoftware.com

I've used it for about 4 months and have been very happy with it. the developers are quick to respond/fix issues and implement suggestions.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jwsteele View Post

Microsoft Money