4gb and 8gb iphone released in July

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
4gb $99 8gb $199.

The 16gb and 32 gb will be released later in Holiday season!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    lathodelathode Posts: 4member
    2.34 GB model is only $69.98!
  • Reply 2 of 5
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jpep13 View Post

4gb $99 8gb $199.

Why are you saying this? 16GB has been available for almost a year and a half, why would one be released later?
  • Reply 3 of 5
    agnuke1707agnuke1707 Posts: 487member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jpep13 View Post

4gb $99 8gb $199.

Uhhh ... no.

Seeing as how people flock to the higher capacities (a reason the killed the original 4GB early) I'm almost certain if they delayed anything it would be the smaller, cheaper versions.

I'm also not quite sure if Apple leave the 8GB at $199.

I'd LIKE to see 4GB for $99, 8GB for $149, 16 GB for $199 and 32GB for $299. That way Apple isn't seen as just adding more expensive models, then we have to listen to people bitch about how they're raising prices.

Either way - Monday should be a very interesting day. Too bad I'll be on a plane to California during the keynote...
  • Reply 4 of 5
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    the price of the phone is not the issue, its the cost of the data/ voice plan

what do you think would have best growth potential

$100 phone and $70 month plan without text

or

$300 phone but $50 unlimited everything?

i'd pay $400 for a 16gb if the data/ text/ voice plan was $50 month

and so would millions more
  • Reply 5 of 5
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AgNuke1707 View Post

Uhhh ... no.

Seeing as how people flock to the higher capacities (a reason the killed the original 4GB early) I'm almost certain if they delayed anything it would be the smaller, cheaper versions.

Among the people willing to spend that much, the relatively little extra to upgrade is worth it. If Apple does manage to make a model that goes downmarket a little, 4GB may very well be good enough.

The cost difference in the flash memory hardly justifies going down to 4GB anyway.

It doesn't make sense unless it's a model that's very cut down some other way too, at least relative to the regular model. It's hard to imagine what that would be.