Apple unveils new iPhone 3.0 features, sets release for June 17th

Comments

• Reply 21 of 76
    tofinotofino Posts: 697member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Postulant View Post

How so? I've had MobileMe(dotmac) before there was ever an iPhone. How exactly does MMS take the place of mobileme?

Does MMS sync my contacts, bookmarks, calendar, keychains, mail accounts, dashboard widgets, notes, or my computer settings?

Are you saying now that I have MMS, I can cancel mobileme because MMS does the exact same thing?

Does MMS keep my iphoto library current on the web and across my devices?

Explain...

oh please don't feed the troll.... oh.. too late!
  • Reply 22 of 76
    msnlymsnly Posts: 378member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rnp1 View Post

Do you have more than one page or loaded tab open? Have you watched a video yet? Do you like the fact that it is more Windows like? I don't-I've had a mouse since 1984, and I don't like Windows features regurgitated into Apple software! There are standards and they should be adhered to. You can't improve on perfect by copying a copy-that's insanity. I repeat: Apple check your resumes!

I've don't know what you are complaining about I've had no trouble at all.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by NasserAE View Post

I have the opposite experience. Safari 4 is much faster than the beta and stable so far.

Agreed, the only complaint I have is the fact they moved the tab bar back down, but performance is 10x better than the beta and that's all that matters to me!
  • Reply 23 of 76
    mdriftmeyermdriftmeyer Posts: 7,503member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

I find it extremely hard to believe that it was AT&T that thought MMS was ugly when it's a cash cow for them. That decision has SJ and SJ alone written all over it. If you have MMS you have less need for MobileME. Plain and simple.

You know nothing of Steve Jobs. Quit acting like it.
  • Reply 24 of 76
    nasseraenasserae Posts: 3,167member
    Quote:

1. The drop of the toolbar icons without cause is very unApple. If you taught One to One, you'd have to tough time explaining that to a retired couple who migrated from Windows just to get away from such foolishness! (Where is the knob to turn on the wind shield wipers?)

2. Switching the close 'x' to the right on a tab has the same consequences! Again, why does my Honda have the lights knob on one side and my Dodge have it on the other? Apple has always had standards-Windows just does what ever they like! I'm pissed, and I don't wanna take it anymore. Shame on all of you who think this kind of stuff is Ok for Apple-it is not! Chaos is for Maxwell Smart. Give me menus from the top, resize in the lower right. Once you establish something, you don't change it! First, it shows you didn't think about it from the start, secondly it shows disrespect for the users! When the Mac was created and the Desktop software was improved by the folks who signed my 128K, they made some great choices and functional decisions that still are here today-except when the MS guys get hired by Apple!

I really don't know what you are talking about. My Safari 4 toolbar icons layout and the close, minimize, and expand buttons (on the left by the way) are exactly the same as Safari 3.2 and beta 4. the only difference is they put the tabs back under the address bar.
  • Reply 25 of 76
    randythotrandythot Posts: 109member
    I'm still waiting!

If they don't add this, after adding external accessory support, they better come out with their tablet/netbook killer soon!

Otherwise, nice hardware and software upgrades.
  • Reply 26 of 76
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tofino View Post

oh please don't feed the troll.... oh.. too late!

I?m guilty of that, too. I?ve never seen a troll stay around for so long, but I also have a hard believing someone can be short ignorant and shortsided, especially after being around here for so long.
  • Reply 27 of 76
    rnp1rnp1 Posts: 175member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NasserAE View Post

I really don't know what you are talking about. My Safari 4 toolbar icons layout and the close, minimize, and expand buttons (on the left by the way) are exactly the same as Safari 3.2 and beta 4. the only difference is they put the tabs back under the address bar.

All they did was put the emergency brake in the glovebox, no big deal!!!!
  • Reply 28 of 76
    I remember reading a few months ago that the new phone would support a stereo bluetooth setup. Does anyone know if this is indeed supported. I did not read anything about that today.

Thanks!
  • Reply 29 of 76
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post

You know nothing of Steve Jobs. Quit acting like it.

Puh-leeze, e who doesn't know anything about Steve Jobs. Even his rat trap house gets a thread around here. His sightings on the street get write ups on here. No act needed if you can read. Sorry you can't , I guess.

Like AT&T has such class- with their crap network. I'd be ashamed to run such a company supporting such a great device.
  • Reply 30 of 76
    nasseraenasserae Posts: 3,167member
    Quote:

All they did was put the emergency brake in the glovebox, no big deal!!!!

If you would tell us exactly what they change it would help a lot. I really don't see what they did different in the toolbar icons and the close bottun (x).
  • Reply 31 of 76
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pauldiddy View Post

I remember reading a few months ago that the new phone would support a stereo bluetooth setup. Does anyone know if this is indeed supported. I did not read anything about that today.

Thanks!

I've been asking that all day long but the koolaid drinkers have been kept busy keep defending AT&T to the bone. Does anybody know of BT STEREO?
  • Reply 32 of 76
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

I?m guilty of that, too. I?ve never seen a troll stay around for so long, but I also have a hard believing someone can be short ignorant and shortsided, especially after being around here for so long.

When all you spew if nonsense - why should I?

Where is the stereo bluetooth we all keep asking you about?
  • Reply 33 of 76
    wilcowilco Posts: 985member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

No shit. It seems like half of your nearly 10k posts are you calling him a troll, and the other half is you taking time (and space) to respond to him.

Make up your mind, and pick an approach -- either way we'll be spared a lot of blah-blah-blah.
  • Reply 34 of 76
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wilco View Post

No shit. It seems like half of your nearly 10k posts are you calling him a troll, and the other half is you taking time (and space) to respond to him.

That's a good one.

That's because when he doesn't agree with me - he resorts to name calling. i could develop a complex- may need to change my name to trollstud.
  • Reply 35 of 76
    Quote:

That's because when he doesn't agree with me - he resorts to name calling. i could develop a complex- may need to change my name to trollstud.

Agreeing with you would mean that I accept your lies and ineptitude. I am clearly torn, as I stated above. I can?t imagine how why you?d troll so much for fun on the same site or how you could be so absurd of your opinions as facts no matter how wrong you are. Both you and Wilco have never added any information that could be deemed useful yet you won?t go away and it?s not like I?m the only one who finds your presence immature and regrettable. I wish I could put you both on my ignore list but the vBulletin system doesn?t actually allow for full ignoring. Seriously, why not add something substantial even once in a while?
  • Reply 36 of 76
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wilco View Post

Make up your mind, and pick an approach -- either way we'll be spared a lot of blah-blah-blah.

Hallelujah! He can speak!!!
  • Reply 37 of 76
    Quote:

When all you spew if nonsense - why should I?

Where is the stereo bluetooth we all keep asking you about?

Stereo bluetooth works beautifully -- I have a clarion FB275BTB in my car (bluetooth/SD head end), and so far, so good.

Settings->General->Bluetooth->(Add Device), put the clarion in Searchable mode, paired with passcode (iPod asked for passcode with regular keypad-style UI).

It's audio output only, but I'm not sure if that's a limitation of the headend or not. In other words, audio plays, but I can't control from the car. Oh well.

In "Music" (iPod for you iPhone guys), there is an additional banner at the bottom -- it's for audio device. Internal speaker/headphones/bluetooth device (by name).

Easy as pie. Sounds nice, too. I didn't notice any glaring compression artifacts... It was a brief test, but I'm impressed.
  • Reply 38 of 76
    irnchrizirnchriz Posts: 1,617member
    Quote:

1. The drop of the toolbar icons without cause is very unApple. If you taught One to One, you'd have to tough time explaining that to a retired couple who migrated from Windows just to get away from such foolishness! (Where is the knob to turn on the wind shield wipers?)

2. Switching the close 'x' to the right on a tab has the same consequences! Again, why does my Honda have the lights knob on one side and my Dodge have it on the other? Apple has always had standards-Windows just does what ever they like! I'm pissed, and I don't wanna take it anymore. Shame on all of you who think this kind of stuff is Ok for Apple-it is not! Chaos is for Maxwell Smart. Give me menus from the top, resize in the lower right. Once you establish something, you don't change it! First, it shows you didn't think about it from the start, secondly it shows disrespect for the users! When the Mac was created and the Desktop software was improved by the folks who signed my 128K, they made some great choices and functional decisions that still are here today-except when the MS guys get hired by Apple!

Are you running Safari on a Mac or Windows? Seems like you need to sort your head out, you should like you are going through a mid-life crisis or something.
  • Reply 39 of 76
    irnchrizirnchriz Posts: 1,617member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by simulacra View Post

According to the 3.0 software "globe" graphic shown at the 2009 roadmap there is a "Call log" feature displayed, can any of you beta tester verify that 3.0 has the ability to shown call duration and direction when browsing recent calls, I've always hated that I cant get any details on previous calls.

Someting that ALL my previous phones have been able to do.

Yes this is supported in 3.0 GM. It was a feature which has been in all of the developer betas. On the main recent call list there are icons showing the direction of call and when you go into the call it shows the durations of the calls made to or received from that number.
  • Reply 40 of 76
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by irnchriz View Post

Yes this is supported in 3.0 GM. It was a feature which has been in all of the developer betas. On the main recent call list there are icons showing the direction of call and when you go into the call it shows the durations of the calls made to or received from that number.

v3.0 also informs you of the location of the area code that called you if the number is not part of your addressbook. The only problem is that it doesn?t tell you when the call is coming in, only when you go to Recent or Voicemails.