O2 upgrades

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Will O2 allow existing their customers with a 3g iPhone contract allow us to upgrade, after all they tied us into an 18 month contract which for initial 3g phone users isn't till the end of the year.

Does anyone have any ideas ?

Comments

• Reply 2 of 4
    irnchrizirnchriz Posts: 1,617member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by welshwiz View Post

Will O2 allow existing their customers with a 3g iPhone contract allow us to upgrade, after all they tied us into an 18 month contract which for initial 3g phone users isn't till the end of the year.

Does anyone have any ideas ?

You can upgrade early by paying out the term of your contract.

BUT

Remember that after the first 9 month have passed you can reduce your contract by one level each month thereafter.

So if your on the £35 deal drop it to £30 then you will only have to pay £150 to upgrade in July. (Plus the cost of the handset on whichever tariff you choose to signup to)

Or, screw them, buy one on PAYG and dont refresh your contract. That way when the new phone comes out next year you can refresh then for a cheap handset (or just but it on PAYG again).
  • Reply 3 of 4
    PLEASE VISIT THIS SITE AND SIGN THE PETITION BY LEAVING YOUR NAME AND COMMENT THIS PETITION IS TO BE SUMMITED TO 02 AND ATT&T ON THE 15TH JUNE

iPhone upgrade petition
  • Reply 4 of 4
    bavlondon2bavlondon2 Posts: 694member
    I must say I am quite disgusted to see Apple take this stance. I was really hoping they would allow for a discounted upgrade like they did when the iphone 3G was released.

I hope everyone has been signing the twitter petition.

#o2fail