New study shows iPhone users to be in a class by themselves

Comments

• Reply 41 of 72
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Abster2core View Post

I gather that if you could read, you would understand that I wasn't referring to you. UFA.

Your quote was

"If this sight is any indication, the majority of whiners and the loudest ones, like trolls such as teckstud, don't own an iphone."

Oh I understand now...

I can whine and bitch and be called Troll and many other names by Blind Faith Apple Sheep but because I have owned both iPhones I don't meet your immediate definition of Whiner, Troll or Bitcher.

Thanks for the clarification or did i misinterpret your quote? Not sure, as you’ve pointed out “I can’t read”.

Edit.

I also don't speak acronyms so I don't have a clue what UFA is.
  • Reply 42 of 72
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    You can read the results of my study after you send me the discounted for today only cost of $500!!!

76.4% of Appleinsider whiners complain about having to pay for data because wireless is everywhere and they don't need/use it and it doesn't work anyway.

79.7% of Appleinsider whiners complain about not being able to use their slingbox over 3G.

Quote:

If this sight is any indication, the majority of whiners and the loudest ones, like trolls such as teckstud, don't own an iphone.

• Reply 43 of 72
    gyokurogyokuro Posts: 83member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fast Fred 1 View Post

iPhone users are richer, younger, and dam good looking perhaps even more productive at work than those who use competing smartphones, according to a new study released Friday.

That sounds about right!

I am so hot. I have a Mirror app for my iPhone so I can look at myself in the screen.
  • Reply 44 of 72
    abster2coreabster2core Posts: 2,501member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Seahawk Fan 2 View Post

Your quote was

"If this sight is any indication, the majority of whiners and the loudest ones, like trolls such as teckstud, don't own an iphone."

Oh I understand now...

I can whine and bitch and be called Troll and many other names by Blind Faith Apple Sheep but because I have owned both iPhones I don't meet your immediate definition of Whiner, Troll or Bitcher.

Thanks for the clarification or did i misinterpret your quote? Not sure, as you’ve pointed out “I can’t read”.

Edit.

So, am I to understand that you don't own an iPhone? Or do you?

As you said,
    Quote:

…So look at it on the bright side. After my iPhone contract runs out I'll have no reason to Bitch in the Forum anymore under any usesr name.

And, if you do, my original statement was not referring to you.
  • Reply 45 of 72
    gyokurogyokuro Posts: 83member
    Abster and Seahawk should just hug it out.
  • Reply 46 of 72
    Quote:

So, am I to understand that you don't own an iPhone? Or do you?

As you said,

And, if you do, my original statement was not referring to you.

Typo on my part. I do own an iPhone and have owned both.
  • Reply 47 of 72
    krispiekrispie Posts: 260member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nikon133 View Post

So what is next? British Queen is driving in Rolse Royce..?

Her Majesty drives a Range Rover.

If she's in a Roller, someone else is driving!
  • Reply 48 of 72
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    These are just early adopter stats, I bet they wouild be the same for HDTV vs SDTV purchases in 1999-2004, betamax purchasers in 1980s, it takes a reasonably decent income to early adopt tech, it also takes a pretty good income to justify a near-$100 bill for 450 minutes and data...it aint cheap, and if you are making under 35K per year, you likely cant afford it unless you have room mates or something, sorry, that is just the fact.

Education doesnt lead you to buy the iphone, education typacly gives you a bigger salary...that is the difference maker...it is all about the Benjamins.
  • Reply 49 of 72
    ulfoafulfoaf Posts: 175member
    It is one of the most expensive phones .... hope they can afford it. Many broke contracts from other carriers. If family plans are involved, it can really cost. Canceling Sprint plus buying one IPhone and two Blackberrys was about $1200. I love my iphone, and I love that my wife and daughter have internet & GPS. Getting a smartphone is like when you got a cell phone for the first time - you wonder how you did without!
  • Reply 50 of 72
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ulfoaf View Post

It is one of the most expensive phones .... hope they can afford it. Many broke contracts from other carriers. If family plans are involved, it can really cost. Canceling Sprint plus buying one IPhone and two Blackberrys was about $1200. I love my iphone, and I love that my wife and daughter have internet & GPS. Getting a smartphone is like when you got a cell phone for the first time - you wonder how you did without!

Since this is an Apple site I just have to ask...

You broke your contract and Bought 1 Phone & 2 Blackberry's? Why not just 3 iPhone 3GS's?
  • Reply 51 of 72
    I am sending this article to all my friends...

:P
  • Reply 52 of 72
    duecesdueces Posts: 89member
    I have to completely agree with the title. Iphone users are in a class by themselves.

The rest eh.

Owning the iphone is like putting a huge post it note on your forehead, that lets everyone know.

Know what is only something non-iphone users are in the know about.

If only the rest of life was so easy, and had everything so clearly stamped.
  • Reply 53 of 72
    dunksdunks Posts: 1,254member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

iPhone users are more educated and affluent.

Agreed. But does that mean buying one will increase your IQ?
  • Reply 54 of 72
    jdavyjdavy Posts: 66member
    Quote:

I owned the original iPhone & the 3G. I don't whine because I can't afford it, I whine because Apple has for the 3G and the 3G s given very little in the upgrade arena.

The features of 3.0 bring the phone up to other contenders (I don't need to hear about how great the browser is I own the phone).

The fact that Apple is now saying if I upgrade and I wan't the new features of disk space and find my phone I now have to purchase Mobile Me (stab again with no lube).

Mobile Me's trial period was a disaster, has no features you can't get for free and I wouldn't get near the use out of it being a PC user.

I Bitch because I'm tired of Apple telling me what I need. I do need multi tasking.

I'm reading an article in AP and I get a phone call or email. I take the phone call and I have to relaunch AP find the article again and find out where I left off then start reading again. There are countless situations like this that have turned me off about the entire operating system that have pushed me into moving on.

Even if I was able to get the 32gb for $299 I wouldn't.

I will move on to another vendor. The apps that I use frequently are available on WinMo, Android & Pre's Web OS (and there are very few I use and none are paid apps).

So look at it on the bright side. After my iPhone contract runs out I'll have no reason to Bitch in the Forum anymore under any usesr name.

On the other hand when the current 3G user contract runs out the 3G s users will be Bitching that they don't get the new phone next July when they add something stellar like 2 compasses that you need to be logged into Mobile Me 2 to take advantage of.

It is true that with the 3GS the iPhone will catch up in speed to my HTC running windows and HSDPA. However, there has never been a better phone ap on a smart phone than the one on all iPhones. Let's just face facts that the iPhone is a great product and we are willing to pay for it. See you in line like last year. :-)
  • Reply 55 of 72
    multimediamultimedia Posts: 1,035member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

iPhone users are richer, younger, and perhaps even more productive at work than those who use competing smartphones, according to a new study released Friday.

I'm no longer wealthy thanks to the Dot-Com-Bomb but very rich in Spirit.

I'm 62 but look 50 and listen to Techno Trance Trip-Hop Ambient Buddha Chill Lounge Electronica Dance music all the time like few in my age bracket. Eelke Kleijn is my favorite DJ and I think his 2 hour "Outside The Box" Podcasts on iTunes are Sick.

Work? What's that? I guess there are exceptions to every survey's conclusions.

Anyway I do know I am in a class by myself 'cause I have no life. But i love my new Black 32GB iPhone 3GS like it's my new girlfriend - which I also don't have.

See y'all at the Palo Alto Store Wednesday afternoon for our annual sit in. She'll be fresh off the UPS truck inside for me to pick her up Friday morning so I have to be first in line to be sure I don't keep her waiting.
  • Reply 56 of 72
    emulatoremulator Posts: 251member
    used to do lot of these surveys; and I always lied just about everything to match the criteria to get in (they'd wisely written in the invitation what they were looking for). $10 amazon gc for 20 mins of "work" was worth it for a while.

just how accurate these so called studies are...
  • Reply 57 of 72
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,731member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by emulator View Post

used to do lot of these surveys; and I always lied just about everything to match the criteria to get in (they'd wisely written in the invitation what they were looking for). $10 amazon gc for 20 mins of "work" was worth it for a while.

just how accurate these so called studies are...

Not to mention out of date. The article mentions it was a long time in the making ... this market is changing exponentially so the only valid report was done yesterday!
  • Reply 58 of 72
    abster2coreabster2core Posts: 2,501member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

Not to mention out of date. The article mentions it was a long time in the making ... this market is changing exponentially so the only valid report was done yesterday!

Not necessarily.

Research of this type is not 'mickey mouse'. It takes considerable resources and time to formulate, execute and compile. They are not for the average person or consumer, but for companies who are heavily invested in the subject matter.

The findings may be obvious to some, but not for many or necessarily accurately interpreted. Just look at some of the comments here. Not everybody is in total agreement and some commentaries or opposing opinions are completely ludicrous.

Companies like Apple, Microsoft, etc., conduct and/or buy research of this magnitude because they can't just rely on street talk from such rumor sites as this. As is evidenced, visitors here are repetitive, seldom change opinions or acknowledge being corrected or such even when proven wrong. More importantly, the number of unique visitors is extremely small. The same ten to 20 registered visitors does not a representative board of plausible consultants make.

Although it may be construed that the data is 'late', it should be understood that this is not the only study being conducted or relied upon. Companies compare the findings to their own internal reports and use them to monitor trends. As a consequence, it is the whole of the effort that helps ensure their accuracy and usefulness, as well as their value in the creation of a companies' strategic product development, marketing and sales plans, long and short term.
  • Reply 59 of 72
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by majortom1981 View Post

I dont think this is a good survey. What did they count as the mobile web? I have a smartphone and dont use the actual web that much but remote into work via remote desktop on the phone , use map software that accesses the web and youtube apps and things like that but dont access a web broswer that much.

I am a windows mobile smartphone user who preordered the iphone.

I see a lot of people who wouldnt normally have a smartphone with an iphone but i dont think the states are right on blackberry and windows mobile smartphone users.

be CAUSE you don;t fit the mold does not ruin this survey. ]32000 people were surveyed. What proof can you offer saying this a bad survey. And online is online whether a browser is used or not. Just stop feeling bad about your self dude . There are a few smart non iphone people out there. Go out today and buy the iphone.

BE one of us .
  • Reply 60 of 72
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:

Your quote was

Oh I understand now...

Thanks for the clarification or did i misinterpret your quote? Not sure, as you?ve pointed out ?I can?t read?.

Edit.

Dude you area classic troll. You hate apple yet you buy apple products. Consider how hard it is to get banned from a site that has advertising on it . ? Yet you got banned. Sometimes you come here and whine about made up stuff.Next day you mister nice guy ?? We see that anytime you come here you are very negative about apple. Why bother ?? Only trolls do this.

Most people here discuss apple products . pro and con.

You come here to start fights and flame people.

The good news is admin will contact your ISP next time you lose your cool.

You will lose all rights on the internet.

You will have been deemed a nut case.