How to get FF bookmarks into Safari 4

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hi Guys!

like many others I've been using FireFox the past year, but now I want to migrate back to Safari 4. With all my bookmarks that are now in Firefox, of course! Safari 4 has got an import feature. But what kind of file does it want? In any case I haven't a clue how to export my bookmarks from FireFox into any particular file. Do you?

The only thing I could think of to do was go into FF's Bookmarks edit mode and copy/paste the bookmarks menu into an .rtf and an .html file. But that bombed: Safari 4's import wanted neither.

Anybody else got this problem? And preferably licked it?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Your bookmarks are contained in a single HTML file called bookmarks.html. You may find in in {your account}/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles/xxxxxxxx.default/. You may use Safari's File>Import Bookmarks... menu selection to import this file.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. Me View Post

Your bookmarks are contained in a single HTML file called bookmarks.html. You may find in in {your account}/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles/xxxxxxxx.default/. You may use Safari's File>Import Bookmarks... menu selection to import this file.

Thanks, M! Much obliged! That was fast. Gonna try it right away.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Whoaa! I jumped the gun there a little, 'cause your method doesn't work for me, M....
  • Reply 4 of 4
    erunnoerunno Posts: 225member
    Try Xmarks. It will sync your bookmarks between Safari (Mac) and any Firefox installation.