AT&T drops iPhone 3G S prices for early iPhone 3G adopters

Comments

• Reply 81 of 206
    Quote:

has anybody actually seen on the apple website the new adjusted qualifying price? I went to apple.com and tried to place my order, but it still says $499 for the 32 gig. I bought mine launch day last year 2008. Are there any other 2008-launch day 3G owners that have physically seen the new reflected amount?

read through this thread one more time and I think you'll eventually get it
  • Reply 82 of 206
    stompystompy Posts: 410member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bluedalmatian View Post

Is a land lione the opposite of a sea lion?

You're not getting it, the land lione was using a seal phone.
  • Reply 83 of 206
  • Reply 84 of 206
    cameronjcameronj Posts: 2,357member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tomhayes View Post

I care. I don't expect them to destroy the phone after I return it unopened. It just doesn't make sense for *me* to pay the extra $200 dollars.

I tried to cancel on Apple.com and could not. And I tried calling Apple to cancel and was on hold for 35 minutes before the dropped my call.

Or were you implying I thought there was some cosmic significance in my noble actions?? *You're telling us more about yourself than you mean to , me thinks.

People who say "me thinks" (can't even pay enough attention to spell it correctly - it's one word not two) have invariably just said something stupid.

My point is that you're cutting off your nose to spite your face. You're going through a lot of extra effort in some attempt to thumb your nose at ATT, and in the end you're only hurting yourself.

Waaaaa!
  • Reply 85 of 206
    tomhayestomhayes Posts: 128member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cameronj View Post

People who say "me thinks" (can't even pay enough attention to spell it correctly - it's one word not two) have invariably just said something stupid.

My point is that you're cutting off your nose to spite your face. You're going through a lot of extra effort in some attempt to thumb your nose at ATT, and in the end you're only hurting yourself.

Waaaaa!

Before this gets into a flame war let me state my case:

1)I am returning the phone unopened because i am unhappy with the price

That's the whole thing. Why is that so "waaahhh!" to you?
  • Reply 86 of 206
    adamiigsadamiigs Posts: 355member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by stompy View Post

You're not getting it, the land lione was using a seal phone.

I called a STARfish that had a SAT phone and it worked fine, boy talk about a heavenly body!
  • Reply 87 of 206
    Quote:

For example, iPhone customers who spend more than $99 a month per line are generally eligible for an upgrade between 12 and 18 months into their contract.

[...]

Specifically, AT&T said it will offer iPhone 3G customers who are upgrade eligible in July, August or September 2009 its best upgrade pricing, beginning Thursday, June 18.

I got mine a few weeks after the intro last year (waited for the "stampede effect" to pass), but my "upgrade eligible" date isn't until Jan. 1st 2010 - 17 months later.

So, apparently because I am only on the 450 minute plan and I'm also on a FAN account and thus get a 15% discount on the base plan, I pay under $99 a month and therefore am not eligible to take advantage of this offer. Meh.

The title of this thread should be changed to "AT&T drops iPhone 3G S prices for early iPhone 3G adopters ... who spend a lot of money".
  • Reply 88 of 206
    nasseraenasserae Posts: 3,167member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dirtyfish86 View Post

WOW I CANNOT BELEIVE THAT SOME PEOPLE DONT COMPREHEND WHAT THEY READ!!!! IF YOU BOUGHT THE I PHONE BETWEEN LAUNCH DATE AND SEPTEMBER LAST YEAR YOU WILL QUALIFY!!! THIS IS A GIFT YOU SHOULD BE HAPPY. PLUS MOST OF YOU HAVENT EVEN HAD YOUR PHONE FOR A YEAR. STOP WHIINING. ARE YOU GOING TO SPEND MONEY ON A NEW PHONE EVERY SINGLE YEAR. THEY SHOULD RELEASE A NEW ONE EVERY 6 MONTHS BECAUSE ALL OF YOU FOOLS WOULD BUY THEM OBVIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not correct. Based on this article

"Specifically, AT&T said it will offer iPhone 3G customers who are upgrade eligible in July, August or September 2009 its best upgrade pricing, beginning Thursday, June 18."

That does not mean if you bought your iPhone 3G on July, Aug, or Sept 2008 you will be eligible. I bought mine 2 days after release and I am not eligible until Dec. Therefore, I will not be able to get the $199 price. You will only be eligible if you bought your iPhone 3G on those months AND your monthly bill is more than $100 per line.
  • Reply 89 of 206
    I bought the first gen iphone, and the 3G the day they came out... Cant be much more of an early adopters than that... and im not eligible till 12-10... WTF is that! How can ATT sit there and say in there comments that this is for the early adopters! Doesnt make sense to me?!
  • Reply 90 of 206
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AdamIIGS View Post

Actually as someone that did watch the video, what great news? We knew MMS and tethering was coming, if anything we found out that MMS will count as a regular text message but that tethering will be AN EXTRA CHARGE. Really that's great news?

I got my phone for $299 no crying / whining here, if anything I was bummed they held the phones back till friday shipping but big deal, I'll just watching the vids on apple's site 340 more times till then =D

I'm just pointing out there really isn't any great news on that vid, if anything we found out they will be charging for one of the new features not yet available in the US.

EIGHT

ITS 8+1

The good news is 3 extra months getting The cheap upgrade rate.

and they finally confirmed MMS and will confirm with more details about the tethering issue .

I did not see any price yet for tethering except you may need a data card usb device or something like that. O thatS right there is a charge for tethering. Sorry my mistake. I will now down grade the news from GLOSSY to GOOD

Good luck with your iphone dude

• Reply 91 of 206
    cameronjcameronj Posts: 2,357member
    Quote:

Before this gets into a flame war let me state my case:

1)I am returning the phone unopened because i am unhappy with the price

That's the whole thing. Why is that so "waaahhh!" to you?

You bought the phone less than a week ago! Did the price change?
  • Reply 92 of 206
    skivesskives Posts: 50member
    Now if AT&T would offer a data plan less than $30 then I would gladly go out and buy the new iphone. I have the 1st gen iphone and I only pay $20 for unlimited data and also get 200 text messages. Hopefully AT&T listens to this.
  • Reply 93 of 206
    striker_kkstriker_kk Posts: 246member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dirtyfish86 View Post

WOW I CANNOT BELEIVE THAT SOME PEOPLE DONT COMPREHEND WHAT THEY READ!!!! IF YOU BOUGHT THE I PHONE BETWEEN LAUNCH DATE AND SEPTEMBER LAST YEAR YOU WILL QUALIFY!!! THIS IS A GIFT YOU SHOULD BE HAPPY. PLUS MOST OF YOU HAVENT EVEN HAD YOUR PHONE FOR A YEAR. STOP WHIINING. ARE YOU GOING TO SPEND MONEY ON A NEW PHONE EVERY SINGLE YEAR. THEY SHOULD RELEASE A NEW ONE EVERY 6 MONTHS BECAUSE ALL OF YOU FOOLS WOULD BUY THEM OBVIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude..

Reading the text in ALL CAPS LOCK is disgusting and horrible..
  • Reply 94 of 206
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NasserAE View Post

, I will not be able to get the $199 price. You will only be eligible if you bought your iPhone 3G on those months AND your monthly bill is more than $100 per line.

That's not true either. I pay more than $99 a month (before taxes) and am not eligible until December.

The real reason it's so hard to figure out is - AT&T does not share their upgrade eligibility criteria with consumers.

Everyone's best bet is to call AT&T directly and try to figure it our. (Although AT&T will often give contradictory answers if you call more than once.)
  • Reply 95 of 206
    piotpiot Posts: 1,346member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Riot Nrrrd? View Post

The title of this thread should be changed to "AT&T drops iPhone 3G S prices for early iPhone 3G adopters ... who spend a lot of money".

The actual title should read:

"AT&T drops iPhone 3G S prices for early iPhone 3G adopters ... who spend a lot of money... and have therefore covered the friggin' cost of their 3G iPhone"
  • Reply 96 of 206
    Thats not right... Wait till the 18th and youll understand.
  • Reply 97 of 206
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cameronj View Post

You bought the phone less than a week ago! Did the price change?

For some people it did.

And the terms are the same as when I bought it - I can return it for a full refund and the contract extension will not be enforced as long as I don not open it and return it within 14 days. Is that too whiny for you??
  • Reply 98 of 206
    nasseraenasserae Posts: 3,167member
    Quote:

That's not true either. I pay more than $99 a month (before taxes) and am not eligible until December.

The real reason it's so hard to figure out is - AT&T does not share their upgrade eligibility criteria with consumers.

Everyone's best bet is to call AT&T directly and try to figure it our. (Although AT&T will often give contradictory answers if you call more than once.)

This is what AT&T said in their press release:

"For example, iPhone customers who spend more than $99 a month per line with us generally are eligible for an upgrade between 12 and 18 months into their contract."
  • Reply 99 of 206
    justflybobjustflybob Posts: 1,337member
    Wow.

What a bunch of whiners. Just sell your 3G through eBay or NextWorth and be done with it. The money you get back should more than cover the difference.

Perhaps Apple should launch a "Whine Different" campaign to make some of you happy.
  • Reply 100 of 206
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:

For some people it did.

And the terms are the same as when I bought it - I can return it for a full refund and the contract extension will not be enforced as long as I don not open it and return it within 14 days. Is that too whiny for you??

Dude he is only trying to cool you down a ittle so you don't end up spiting yourself for no reason.

He was being friendly. So leave it be .

Also it is not clear what changed your mind from the day you placed order and today ?

anyway good luck