buying a used iphone?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Hello there

I am only 13 months into my contract with ATT and they refuse to let me do an upgrade to the iphone because I have a TILT and am not able to upgrade till September.

I have been considering buying an Iphone and would like to get some feedback on my idea.

1) With all these people upgrading to the new 3gS I would think there would be a LOT of used 3G's for sale.

2) Does anyone have any ideas on the best place to purchase a used one? Ebay?

3) How much should I worry how well the 3G will work? If it is from someone that is upgrading, it should be ok right?

ANY thoughts would be appreciated.

abirozy

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    sigs21sigs21 Posts: 82member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by abirozy View Post

Hello there

I am only 13 months into my contract with ATT and they refuse to let me do an upgrade to the iphone because I have a TILT and am not able to upgrade till September.

I have been considering buying an Iphone and would like to get some feedback on my idea.

1) With all these people upgrading to the new 3gS I would think there would be a LOT of used 3G's for sale.

2) Does anyone have any ideas on the best place to purchase a used one? Ebay?

3) How much should I worry how well the 3G will work? If it is from someone that is upgrading, it should be ok right?

ANY thoughts would be appreciated.

abirozy

I have 2 for sale..
  • Reply 2 of 3
    abirozyabirozy Posts: 44member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sigs21 View Post

I have 2 for sale..

How much and what kind of condition are they in? :-)
  • Reply 3 of 3
    mellomello Posts: 555member
    When I was at the AT&T store, the employee suggested Craigslist or Ebay but then got into a

bidding war with her co-worker to buy my 16gig 3G iPhone. Her co-worker ended up outbidding

her (winning bid $250). I'm still not sure why he would pay that when then new 16gig is $199?