EPL-5700i...encouraging news!

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Just got off the phone with EPSON, and the very informative man there says that OSX drivers for the fabled EPL-5700i will be posted by the end of the year. He knew it immediately, then checked with somebody to confirm--it is actually being worked on, and for whatever reason post-10.2 they are now getting the job done.

I asked if this was a loose date and he said no--in fact, the end of the year is conservative.

I had, quite honestly, given up completely. I just called because I was fvcking around.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    mrmister: You get an A+ in investigative skills. Wow! That's absolutely fantastic news. Maybe I won't have to get an expensive HP printer that I can't afford after all. I would actually pay good money to turn that big heavy paperweight (my 5700i) into a function OS X printer.

Escher
  • Reply 2 of 4
    PS: What number did you call? I would love to call them as well, both to confirm the good news and to show support.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    mrmistermrmister Posts: 1,095member
    Certainly--I called their Laser Printer support number, at (562)276-4350. The guy was painfully competent and on the ball.

I'm still in shock!
  • Reply 4 of 4
    I'll call them next week and report back here. It sure would be nice if I could use this printer under OS X after all.

I've noticed that Epson has been posting a whole series of new and/or updated OS X printer drivers on VersionTracker in recent days. Maybe they finally hired a competent Mac programmer who is now cranking out drivers.

I'm still in shock too. I just hope I don't have a heart attack when I talk to laser support.

Escher