12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 114
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cameronj View Post

Yeah?

How many CDMA users are there?

$400 gross profit per phone (any argument?).

TIMES

10 million iPhones (is that 100% of CDMA users?)

EQUALS

$4 billion in gross profit

Here's a good chance to see if, having been shown the error of your math, whether you'll change your mind. I bet you don't though.

Try reading the thread and you'll see I already apologised for that boo-boo.
  • Reply 102 of 114
    cameronjcameronj Posts: 2,357member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. H View Post

Try reading the thread and you'll see I already apologised for that boo-boo.

Which is the greater forum sin? Not reading the ENTIRE thread to see if something you are going to reply to has been settled already or not multiplying $400 time 100 million verizon users to see if 400x100MM does or does not equal $4 billion. Seems to me like my sin would have taken 10 minutes to avoid, and yours would have taken 15 seconds.

Go back and edit your own post if you don't want people coming later to reply to your mistake. A simple [edit - bad math, my bad] would have sufficed.
  • Reply 103 of 114
    merdheadmerdhead Posts: 587member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

You have a choice, and if we do ban you, we'll do it no matter what name you appear under if you continue with this.

How are you going to know it's me if I sign up under a different name? It's not like I'm going to come back an announce "Hi, I'm the former Merdhead!". Are you going to ban anyone who criticises other people harshly?

It's easy to get multiple email addresses. It's easy to use multiple proxy servers. So how are you going to identify me? By smell? Lexical analysis of my writing? Accent?

God why is everyone in this forum so dumb? It's like shooting fish in a barrel.
  • Reply 104 of 114
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by merdhead View Post

How are you going to know it's me if I sign up under a different name? It's not like I'm going to come back an announce "Hi, I'm the former Merdhead!". Are you going to ban anyone who criticises other people harshly?

It's easy to get multiple email addresses. It's easy to use multiple proxy servers. So how are you going to identify me? By smell? Lexical analysis of my writing? Accent?

That's the beauty of it - when you get banned and then come back and act like a normal human, in your warped mind you'll have won, but in reality you're doing just what you should do - act like a human. No one cares if you come back, we just don't want you acting like a mental case.

Edit: of course, most who "come back," like serial killers or other antisocial people, can't resist the urge to come clean, so you'll probably make it quite clear who you are. But if you're not acting like a fool, and not doing anything to get banned, you'll be fine. And you'll actually think you've somehow pulled one over on the system!
  • Reply 105 of 114
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:

We don't have to know, we'll go by the comments. I thought you understood that.

Look, as you know, I'm not a shrinking violet. I say what's on my mind, and you, as well as everyone else here should be allowed to as well. That's always been my position, and it hasn't changed.

It's just that there's a point where certain things are out of line. If someone says something that you think is really dumb, then it's fine to say it's dumb. If you think that someone doesn't know what they're talking about, then you can say that as well. If someone calls you a name that doesn't get to cursing or extremes, you can back at'cha.

No problem there. But certain words, and phrases are out of bounds. You must know what they are. This isn't a street corner. We don't know the age of those reading this, and it IS a public forum. It's not too much to ask that people keep some things to themselves when posting.

That's all that's being asked.

I don't want you to leave, forcibly, or otherwise.
  • Reply 106 of 114
    Quote:

That's the beauty of it - when you get banned and then come back and act like a normal human, in your warped mind you'll have won, but in reality you're doing just what you should do - act like a human. No one cares if you come back, we just don't want you acting like a mental case.

Edit: of course, most who "come back," like serial killers or other antisocial people, can't resist the urge to come clean, so you'll probably make it quite clear who you are. But if you're not acting like a fool, and not doing anything to get banned, you'll be fine. And you'll actually think you've somehow pulled one over on the system!

Bah, acting like a human being presupposes I am a human being. I'm actually a very large Perl script. A self-aware Perl script. It's Perl, it was only a matter of time.

Anyway, there are subtle gradations of tone and criticism, lets see if you can spot me.
  • Reply 107 of 114
    Quote:

We don't have to know, we'll go by the comments. I thought you understood that.

Look, as you know, I'm not a shrinking violet. I say what's on my mind, and you, as well as everyone else here should be allowed to as well. That's always been my position, and it hasn't changed.

It's just that there's a point where certain things are out of line. If someone says something that you think is really dumb, then it's fine to say it's dumb. If you think that someone doesn't know what they're talking about, then you can say that as well. If someone calls you a name that doesn't get to cursing or extremes, you can back at'cha.

No problem there. But certain words, and phrases are out of bounds. You must know what they are. This isn't a street corner. We don't know the age of those reading this, and it IS a public forum. It's not too much to ask that people keep some things to themselves when posting.

That's all that's being asked.

I don't want you to leave, forcibly, or otherwise.

Well, you have to do what you have to do and so do I.

Adios.

Actually, it would be adios if I could work out how to delete my account - any tips?
  • Reply 108 of 114
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    OK so back to the iPhone.

What is this I am hearing about the "inferior" LCD screen on the 3G or 3GS??? I mean if it really is...would waiting a few months mean they'll put a better screen on it? That's my thinking...I'll wait a few months for a few tiny hardware/software/firmware bugs to be worked out and AT&T to get their sh!t together and then I'll pull the trigger. This screen comment is troubling though, anyone have any more insight on it?
  • Reply 109 of 114
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aquatic View Post

OK so back to the iPhone.

What is this I am hearing about the "inferior" LCD screen on the 3G or 3GS??? I mean if it really is...would waiting a few months mean they'll put a better screen on it? That's my thinking...I'll wait a few months for a few tiny hardware/software/firmware bugs to be worked out and AT&T to get their sh!t together and then I'll pull the trigger. This screen comment is troubling though, anyone have any more insight on it?

Looks perfect to me. There's no way there's enough of an uproar (since this is the first I've heard of it) that it would require them to recall or redesign. The screen looks great, if you want an iPhone, get one.
  • Reply 110 of 114
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:

Looks perfect to me. There's no way there's enough of an uproar (since this is the first I've heard of it) that it would require them to recall or redesign. The screen looks great, if you want an iPhone, get one.

I agree. I compared by 3G to my 3GS and saw no difference. Perhaps the variance in colour temperature people noticed between the v2.x and v3.0 OS is what they are talking about.
  • Reply 111 of 114
    Quote:

Well, you have to do what you have to do and so do I.

Adios.

Actually, it would be adios if I could work out how to delete my account - any tips?

If you would like us to remove your account, we will do so.

Just let me know.
  • Reply 112 of 114
    Quote:

If you would like us to remove your account, we will do so.

Just let me know.

Seems like he did say he would like his account removed but couldn't figure out how. Doesn't seem like a second confirmation is necessary Especially given his outburst this morning.
  • Reply 113 of 114
    Quote:

Seems like he did say he would like his account removed but couldn't figure out how. Doesn't seem like a second confirmation is necessary Especially given his outburst this morning.

Since he's posted AFTER his post about this here, I'm assuming that until he states this to me, it's just bluster. I don't want to see anyone leave, but if he really wants to, it's up to him. As I say, he can simply refrain from posting.
  • Reply 114 of 114
    Quote:

I didn't see any difference here.

I have only heard of one person that complained about a "yellowing" screen.