Snow Leopard Beta Merge

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Hello everyone,

I just installed Snow Leopard Beta Build 10A354 on my MacBook Pro. I wanted to test it out.

When the final and official release of snow leopard comes out in september/later this year, I want to convert my Snow Leopard Beta to the Retail Snow Leopard (I will buy the Family Pack DVD).

I was wondering if this is possible, or if I should stay on my regular Leopard partition until the Retail Snow Leopard comes out and then I could start out fresh.

Thanks,

Noam.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    amoryaamorya Posts: 1,103member
    Officially it's not possible, but may work anyway ? it just means you have no recourse if it doesn't work.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iloveisrael View Post

Hello everyone,

I just installed Snow Leopard Beta Build 10A354 on my MacBook Pro. I wanted to test it out.

When the final and official release of snow leopard comes out in september/later this year, I want to convert my Snow Leopard Beta to the Retail Snow Leopard (I will buy the Family Pack DVD).

I was wondering if this is possible, or if I should stay on my regular Leopard partition until the Retail Snow Leopard comes out and then I could start out fresh.

Thanks,

Noam.

It's a beta and Apple will normally require you to reinstall from scratch. You can probably install over your current set up using the Archive and Install option. That will install a fresh copy of SL on your machine and archive your old system folder in a Previous Systems folder on the root of your drive. I'm not all that familiar with SL's new install procedure though. i heard it is different.