CopyDoubler

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Does anyone miss Connectix's CopyDoubler (an OS9 utility) as much as me?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Nope.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    what's that ?
  • Reply 3 of 5
    [quote]Originally posted by Defiant:

<strong>what's that ?</strong><hr></blockquote>

CopyDoubler was/is (for OS9) a Finder-level control panel that allowed SMART replacing of files. In other words, you could replace/copy only the files that were new/changed. This made it heaven for folks using PB's with desktop machines, web work, etc.

I know there are synchronizing options out there now, but none work at the Finder-level. This seems like a great hack for some hot-shot programmer to come up with!
  • Reply 4 of 5
    I am totally agre with you.

I used Speed Doubler and Copy Doubler (MacOS 8 and MacOS 9) and there no equivalent into MacOS X ! And I will never understand why?

To do the same thing into MacOS X you have to open a software and it's much less convenient.

It's regrettable that CONNECTIX.COM it disappeared?

I still looking for an equivalent

[QUOTE=George A. Brozak;147629]
    Quote:

Originally posted by Defiant:

<strong>what's that ?</strong><hr></blockquote>

CopyDoubler was/is (for OS9) a Finder-level control panel that allowed SMART replacing of files. In other words, you could replace/copy only the files that were new/changed. This made it heaven for folks using PB's with desktop machines, web work, etc.

I know there are synchronizing options out there now, but none work at the Finder-level. This seems like a great hack for some hot-shot programmer to come up with!

(Ma
  • Reply 5 of 5
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nikopol View Post

I am totally agre with you.

1) TWO. THOUSAND. THREE.

2) This functionality has been built into OS X for years.