802.11n, space for camera hidden in Apple's new iPod touch

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 84
    kotatsukotatsu Posts: 1,010member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

?? The Touch should get a better camera than iPhone not crap like the toy Nano. Why is Apple downgrading the Touch? Calling it a gaming device, etc. The Touch's camera should get both zoom and flash since it doesn't need battery power for phone calls. It should be a total camera replacement. I would even forgo video in favor of a real decent camera.

How could they fit a good camera in a device as thin as a Touch? Optics need space, there's no way around that. With the Touch as slim as it is the best you'd ever get would be more horribly grainy mobile quality photos which are good for thumbnails and little else.
  • Reply 82 of 84
    Some of you will get a kick out of this.
    PS: I now have a mental image of Teckstud that will likely never go away.
  • Reply 83 of 84
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Some of you will get a kick out of this.
    PS: I know have a mental image of Teckstud that will likely never go away.

• Reply 84 of 84
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SGSStateStudent View Post

The plastic back is meant specially for the iPhone because of phone reception issues. The iPod Touch will always have a chrome back.

Now that you can't predict. I remember when the nano had a chrome back, then it switched, then switched back, and then... again, returned to the non-chrome back. If there's one thing you can predict, Apple will never do what we think they should, for good, and also for bad. A lot of bad.