Apple Store is closed... on a Friday!!??

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I am crossing my fingers for new iMacs!
«1

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kgbwnet View Post


    I am crossing my fingers for new iMacs!



    It was open earlier, so who knows? We know that new iMacs are coming, maybe this is it.
  • Reply 2 of 28
    cory bauercory bauer Posts: 1,286member
    Just caught that the store is closed as well. Very strange.
  • Reply 3 of 28
    geekdadgeekdad Posts: 1,131member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cory Bauer View Post


    Just caught that the store is closed as well. Very strange.



    Yep....

    The Apple Store is closed.....maybe new hardware or just maintanence.........
  • Reply 4 of 28
    it sure is. i was trying to spec out a new computer. I guess that can wait.
  • Reply 5 of 28
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,664member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by geekdad View Post


    Yep....

    The Apple Store is closed.....maybe new hardware or just maintanence.........



    I don't think they generally do maintenance in the middle of the day. I guess there could have been an unexpected problem.



    If it is hardware updates, I wouldn't hold out too much hope that they'll be very compelling. Usually when Apple does "stealth" updates they're just vanilla spec bumps.
  • Reply 6 of 28
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Awwww, who invited Buzz Killington?





  • Reply 7 of 28
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,837member
    The downtime is probably related to getting something out before the earnings call on Monday.



    But the only product Apple hates enough to dump it out on a Friday evening is the Mini.
  • Reply 8 of 28
    geekdadgeekdad Posts: 1,131member
    Its pretty unusual to close the store in the middle of the day. They are missing sales and the store has been down for an hour now........ That has to equate to some big bucks.

    So either thay have something to change or update of they had some problem with the website.

    Is it down just in the US or in other countries as well???
  • Reply 9 of 28
    No, not a "down for maintenance"! Need new product.
  • Reply 10 of 28
    UK store is down too.. (it's 8.55pm here)
  • Reply 11 of 28
    how long has it been down



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JCP21 View Post


    Im sure there doing something important if there closing it on a friday not just usual maintanance



  • Reply 12 of 28
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,664member
    Coming up on a couple of hours-- which actually might be a sign that there's a technical problem that they're addressing. When they have new product to release (like after the WWDC keynote, say), they have the new source files ready to go and the transition usually only takes a little while.



    It's not like putting some new pages up is a huge project.
  • Reply 13 of 28
    Just called 1800my apple. They would not say anything. When I asked about the new iMac he acted glib. But I guess you could read anything into that.
  • Reply 14 of 28
    its not a huge project except they have to do it globally in sync and they have to be able to handle the volume. once they put it up they test internally before it goes live. they may have found something



    or



    the site is having an uplanned outage.







    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post


    Coming up on a couple of hours-- which actually might be a sign that there's a technical problem that they're addressing. When they have new product to release (like after the WWDC keynote, say), they have the new source files ready to go and the transition usually only takes a little while.



    It's not like putting some new pages up is a huge project.



  • Reply 15 of 28
    When the new MacBook Pros came out recently it was down for several hours.
  • Reply 16 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post


    The downtime is probably related to getting something out before the earnings call on Monday.



    But the only product Apple hates enough to dump it out on a Friday evening is the Mini.



    Wouldn't they update more than one product at a time, as mentioned by others, Apple are missing a lot of orders during the stores down time. But on the other hand it would be strange if Apple chose to update the productline on a friday, and in the evening?

    It' probably just maintanence, but I hope for a new iMac
  • Reply 17 of 28
    It's taking MUCH longer that needed for maintenance...new iMacs finally?
  • Reply 18 of 28
    uk store is back up. Can't see anything obviously different





    EDIT: But strangely...gone down again. I'm confused...
  • Reply 19 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Glublick View Post


    uk store is back up. Can't see anything obviously different



    Swiss store still closed.
  • Reply 20 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Glublick View Post


    uk store is back up. Can't see anything obviously different



    UK store is NOT BACK UP.
Sign In or Register to comment.