The Pong SAR reducing iPhone case... What are your thoughts on this product?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
https://www.pongresearch.com/Startpa...x250_federated

Straight from their website: Pong is certified by FCC-accredited test agencies to reduce cell phone radiation using the SAR analysis method.

Pong reduces Specific Absorption Rate (SAR) of RF radiation by 60% for the Apple iPhone 3GS according to FCC-established criteria.

Pong reduces intense EFI 'hotspot' radiation by over 85%. EFI measures the intense radiation in the area of the head most directly exposed to cell phone radiation.

Pong technology is covered by US Patents 6341217, 6615026 and others pending.

------

This ad is all over AI and I have checked out their website. I am all for less radiation going in my body but $60 seems steep. I also don't like how their website seems to use the "fear" tactic a little too much.

What do you all think? You think this thing works as advertised and reduces the SAR limits enough to matter?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    vineavinea Posts: 5,585member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aplnub View Post

https://www.pongresearch.com/Startpa...x250_federated

Straight from their website: Pong is certified by FCC-accredited test agencies to reduce cell phone radiation using the SAR analysis method.

Pong reduces Specific Absorption Rate (SAR) of RF radiation by 60% for the Apple iPhone 3GS according to FCC-established criteria.

Pong reduces intense EFI 'hotspot' radiation by over 85%. EFI measures the intense radiation in the area of the head most directly exposed to cell phone radiation.

Pong technology is covered by US Patents 6341217, 6615026 and others pending.

------

This ad is all over AI and I have checked out their website. I am all for less radiation going in my body but $60 seems steep. I also don't like how their website seems to use the "fear" tactic a little too much.

What do you all think? You think this thing works as advertised and reduces the SAR limits enough to matter?

For $70 I got a Sony A2DP BT headphone...of course i keep my phone in my pants pockets so this probably doesn't help total risk. I guess I should get a holster but they're kinda dorky.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    I wonder what is worse. A BT ear Borg attachment, or holding the phone up to your head to talk?