problem

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I bought an iphone in March and I'm having problems. Sometimes when I'm talking on the phone, when I bring it away from my ear the screen is black. I can't disconnect the call, if a drag my finger across the screen, the desktop flashes where it sends endcall but it goes black and I can't end the call. Sometimes the screen stays black for minutes at a time. I often have to shut the phone down and that takes a long time. If I make a call and need the keypad to put in an extension the screen is black and I can't complete the call. Anyone know whats going on?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Do you have a case on the phone which might be interfering with the proximity sensor?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aptasia View Post

I bought an iphone in March and I'm having problems. Sometimes when I'm talking on the phone, when I bring it away from my ear the screen is black. I can't disconnect the call, if a drag my finger across the screen, the desktop flashes where it sends endcall but it goes black and I can't end the call. Sometimes the screen stays black for minutes at a time. I often have to shut the phone down and that takes a long time. If I make a call and need the keypad to put in an extension the screen is black and I can't complete the call. Anyone know whats going on?

• Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

Do you have a case on the phone which might be interfering with the proximity sensor?

I do have a plastic case covering it. I'll remove it and see if that changes things. Thx.