Apple posts tools for building TuneKit iTunes LPs and Extras

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 46
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tmwinand View Post

I saw those earlier today, but those are all pre-developer kit. In the new documentation, they say there is a way to create a TEST XID using UUIDs, and it specifies the parameters and everything, but does not how to say to attach them to the XID tag on the audio file. It's so frustrating!

It’s all on Page 3 of the PDF.
    Slightly easier instructions…
    1) Add your audio to iTunes

2) Close iTunes

3) Paste these in Terminal...
    Code:

defaults write com.apple.iTunes WebKitDeveloperExtras -bool true

defaults write com.apple.iTunes booklet-authoring-mode 1

4) Open iTunes

5) Find your imported audio, right click and choose Get Info

6) Click on Info tab and then look for the new XID space where Grouping used to be
    … unless that is not what you are talking about. The only part looks to be editing the iTunesMetadata.plist or manifest.xml files.
  • Reply 42 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

It?s all on Page 3 of the PDF.
    Slightly easier instructions?
    1) Add your audio to iTunes

2) Close iTunes

3) Paste these in Terminal...
    Code:

defaults write com.apple.iTunes WebKitDeveloperExtras -bool true

defaults write com.apple.iTunes booklet-authoring-mode 1

4) Open iTunes

5) Find your imported audio, right click and choose Get Info

6) Click on Info tab and then look for the new XID space where Grouping used to be
    ? unless that is not what you are talking about. The only part looks to be editing the iTunesMetadata.plist or manifest.xml files.

Thanks soo much, that's it. That wasn't in that PDF earlier, I swear LOL. I was looking through them all day!
  • Reply 43 of 46
    Quote:

I know I have all my iTunes purchased videos already defaulting to QuickTime over iTunes. I love it for audio but hate it for video.

Can you do that? How? I like iTunes to organize my movies but I also hate the player, can you default movies inside iTunes to play in QuickTime?
  • Reply 44 of 46
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by slcossio View Post

Can you do that? How? I like iTunes to organize my movies but I also hate the player, can you default movies inside iTunes to play in QuickTime?

Sure, just find your Movies inside the iTunes folder. They end with .M4V and .MP4 extension, depending if they are from the iTS or if you imported them.

Right click on one of them, choose Get Info and change the Open With to QuickTime and then Change All.

Viola! They are now defaulted to open with QuickTime, you just can?t use iTunes to play them unless you Show In Finder and then open them. I prefer to have an alias in my Movies folder to my TV Shows and Movies to make the access faster.
  • Reply 45 of 46
    Quote:

Sure, just find your Movies inside the iTunes folder. They end with .M4V and .MP4 extension, depending if they are from the iTS or if you imported them.

Right click on one of them, choose Get Info and change the Open With to QuickTime and then Change All.

Viola! They are now defaulted to open with QuickTime, you just can?t use iTunes to play them unless you Show In Finder and then open them. I prefer to have an alias in my Movies folder to my TV Shows and Movies to make the access faster.

Ahh ok, I already knew how to do that... I misunderstood from the beginning then. I thought you could organize your movies in iTunes, then open iTunes to show the movies and when double clicking on them, QuickTime would play them... but invoking them from iTunes, not the iTunes Folder or Aliases... thanks for the response anyway
  • Reply 46 of 46
    Quote:

The free web, supported entirely by advertising, has revolutionized the flow of information but has devastated traditional journalism by giving uniformed bloggers and astroturfing advertising campaigns an equal presence next to legitimate news sources, erasing any sense of journalistic integrity and reputation.

"traditional journalism" has lulled us into war, printed complete untruths, reprinted corporate, party political and military press releases as "news" and blighted individual (and in the case of a close friend, destroyed) lives to sell print. One of the superb aspects of the internet is that it allows the likes of AppleInsider readers and many, many others to write about the world from their point of view. It allows communities, non-mainstream groups and 'alternative' news that the corporate media would like to withhold to be made available. In short it enables an individual with a blog or web design program and without a cool million or two in the bank to create a web site with an equal presence to the likes of News corporation, CNN and others of their ilk who have billions of pounds at their disposal. And that's not even considering that those same organisations often have television and print to spread their thoughts around the world as well.

So, bring on the 'uniformed [sic] bloggers' I say

Quote:

It has also enabled widespread content theft, where news and information published by a reputable source at significant cost can be freely plagiarized by anonymous individuals

If our 'reputable' and 'trustworthy' media didn't simply regurgitate news from "officials" or "government sources" and so on as journalism as well as passing off lies and pure fabrication as "news" then such worries may have some basis. Anyway, it's always been possible to pass off someone else's work as your own for a long time, electronic distribution has simply made it easier.