Best remark about iPad so far...

Comments

• Reply 41 of 102
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    Honestly if you're still criticizing this product because it isn't a Mac With A Touchscreen that everyones grandma can afford, then you're not in the right place.
  • Reply 42 of 102
    iposteriposter Posts: 1,560member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pmz View Post

Honestly if you're still criticizing this product because it isn't a Mac With A Touchscreen that everyones grandma can afford, then you're not in the right place.

Would have been much more practical if they could have at least put a mini-usb port on it for peripherals/data sticks.
  • Reply 43 of 102
    There is something that just doesn't add up about the iPad.. supposedly Jobs has been working on this for 10 years.. yet how much work does this iPad require when you consider all they did was scale up the iPhone? It makes no sense... The only answer seems to be that this isn't Jobs tablet. So when will we get it?
  • Reply 44 of 102
    Personally, I don't think you're ever going to get it.
  • Reply 45 of 102
    Then you are deluding yourself.. because believe it or not I get it more than you do.

But I know mac zealots are really really good at deluding themselves... which is why Jobs can put sh!t out in a sack and the devoted koolaid drinkers will buy it up.

Look at all the tools that bought that ridiculous iPhone. The most useless device ever made. haha

Now he has you buying it again for what you should have gotten when you first paid for it.

I think I have just stumbled on to how Jobs is so successful and why his products seem so advanced. He has figured out how to sell everything to his customers twice(At least)! And this way he can take the extra money and dump it into R&D
  • Reply 46 of 102
    Oh my, now I'm a deluded Mac zealot. Please don't hurt me anymore, mister wise man.
  • Reply 47 of 102
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bluefox9er View Post

theres nothing revolutionary or innovative about the ipad1.0

Couldn't disagree with you more. The iPad will revolutionize how a whole new segment of average people interact with computers on a daily basis. It may not be impressive to the spec geeks, but it narrows the focus on what is important for its target market.
  • Reply 48 of 102
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

Oh my, now I'm a deluded Mac zealot. Please don't hurt me anymore, mister wise man.

Did you buy an iPhone?
  • Reply 49 of 102
    No, and what of it either way?
  • Reply 50 of 102
    If you didn't buy an iPhone then why are you arguing with me? You obviously don't see the value in Apple's products either. So we are in agreement.
  • Reply 51 of 102
    Another ridiculous statement. Do you never get tired of making them?

FWIW, the only reason I don't own an iPhone is because I can't justify tripling my wireless bill since I don't use my mobile phone that much.
  • Reply 52 of 102
    Yeah.. I am sure all those people that bought the iPhone really need a cell phone as well... just like they REALLY need an iPad...

Most people in the world don't even have food and clean water and we can watch TV at the coffee shop on our iPhone AND the iPad.. LOL
  • Reply 53 of 102
    Apparently, you never do get tired of making them.
  • Reply 54 of 102
    Ironic considering you proved my point on all accounts.
  • Reply 55 of 102
    Can't wait to get mine.
  • Reply 56 of 102
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PCCLONE View Post

Can't wait to get mine.

Likewise.
  • Reply 57 of 102
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

The whole world sniggered at "Wii" before they bought one.

not strictly true. most stores STOPPED taking pre-orders for it MONTHS before it's launch date.
  • Reply 58 of 102
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

The whole world sniggered at "Wii" before they bought one.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Couldn't disagree with you more. The iPad will revolutionize how a whole new segment of average people interact with computers on a daily basis. It may not be impressive to the spec geeks, but it narrows the focus on what is important for its target market.

I think it's a good debate. there arn't too many people around that DON'T use a computer, either at work or home and this includes 'elderly 'people, or silver surfers as we call them here in the UK.

I do, however, think that later incarnations of the ipad could well deliver the goods tomorrow which steve jobs isn't quiet prepared to let us have today.

for now, he wants us to tip our wallets into buying media from itunes.

productivity to follow after entertainment.
  • Reply 59 of 102
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ArticulatedArm View Post

Ironic considering you proved my point on all accounts.

Ironic, since you didn't make a point.
  • Reply 60 of 102
    Multi-tasking would be useful on iPad. Perhaps it will come in June with the next Rev of iPhone OS. Using existing wireless Apple keyboards would be great.

The touch screen technology with feedback may not be ready for prime time. Video over 3G for the iPad screen would take too much bandwidth. These are good features to come later. My kids want their iPAD for reading books, do homework (web based homeworks), play games and of course watch videos.

iPAD fits well with the rest of Apple products and extends the iPhone platform. More features will come later.

I can understand Nokia, Nintendo and Microsoft being upset. They'll criticize now and will rush to come up with copies asap.