why are all americans so stupid????

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    jrcjrc Posts: 817member
    [quote]Originally posted by ZO:

<strong>

you do realize what you just said right? In case you didnt, I hope you realize that besides American Indians that are nicely holed up on their reserves, we are ALL immigrants to the USA.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Well, I am partly American Indian. And I certainly do understand what I said.

And, I'm just making a STUPID statement just like asking a STUPID question that stereotypes one group.

In other words, I lowered myself to their level.
  • Reply 22 of 27
    [quote]Originally posted by ZO:

<strong>

you do realize what you just said right? In case you didnt, I hope you realize that besides American Indians that are nicely holed up on their reserves, we are ALL immigrants to the USA.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Not anymore.

I was born in America.

My parents were born in America

Their parents were born in America.

I am NOT an immigrant. While I do not agree with what my ancestor's ancestors did to actually "get" this country, I can't help that. I couldn't stop it then and I can't stop it now and its not my fault. But it is MY country now, and it is anyone's country who wants to make it their home.

And THAT ladies and gentlemen is what makes this country so great.

The doors to the great melting pot are wide open, and its toasty inside, hop on in.
  • Reply 23 of 27
    janejane Posts: 68member
    Dear Willou:

Now let's try this you will open your mind and see what he really said; everyone (except for the natives) are from another country or he or she is the child of an immigrant. At least half of you is from America, but from somewhere else.

On another topic:

Actually immigrants enrich a country and more languages spoken, means a more cultural diverse country.

Do not be so racist in your remarks just like Canadians (yes they are racist but they are polite about it) who hate each other because they speak a different language. How many times I have been told because I have an accent I cannot speak any English.

Get above that and accept the fact that the United States is the greatest country and many people like me will be attracted to the opportunities you offer, and this is not a bad thing that many people want to immigrate to your beautiful country.
  • Reply 24 of 27
    [quote]Originally posted by Jane:

<strong>Dear Willou:

Now let's try this you will open your mind and see what he really said; everyone (except for the natives) are from another country or he or she is the child of an immigrant. At least half of you is from America, but from somewhere else.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Your logic is flawed. Even the "natives" had to come from somewhere. They migrated through the land bridge to YOUR country and then to America. So they are immigrants as well.

Half of me is not from somewhere else. Like I said, my parents, my parents parents and possibly their parents were all born here. I'm not "half" anything. I'm 100% American.
  • Reply 25 of 27
    janejane Posts: 68member
    Dear Willou:

But the question remains what is an American and are they stupid.

I say an American is from somewhere else or his ancestors are from somewhere else and Americans are certainly not stupid on the country they attract the brightest. Now you are the one who brought up the Native side out of you; I did not. I do not see why you are not pround of you heritage even if it comes from somewhere else. You must be very you, because you seem to be very inflexible.
  • Reply 26 of 27
    [quote]Originally posted by Jane:

<strong>Dear Willou:

But the question remains what is an American and are they stupid.

I say an American is from somewhere else or his ancestors are from somewhere else and Americans are certainly not stupid on the country they attract the brightest. Now you are the one who brought up the Native side out of you; I did not. I do not see why you are not pround of you heritage even if it comes from somewhere else. You must be very you, because you seem to be very inflexible.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Jane, I don't mean this as a dig or anything but is English your 2nd language? That last post by you was a little hard to comprehend. No offense.

I am proud of my heritage, but I'm even more proud of my homeland.

I am an American. You can't say that I'm not. Someone who immigrated here tomorrow...well now thats a little more up in the air.

You said I brought up the Native side...well you're the one who's disagreeing, so thats why I KEEP bringing it up
  • Reply 27 of 27
    ac2cac2c Posts: 60member
    Maybe he has a point. Windows = 95% market share. Oh, my bad, that is world wide. There are a lot of stupid people all over the world.