Best Buy expecting new Apple products in mid-March?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SSquirrel View Post

Well it comes from BB Canada and things are bi-lingual up there, but why on earth would they need a separate sku for English or French when that is a simple user option question on first bootup?

I agree that having separate SKUs for English and French iPads is foolish, but the screen shot shows items with "FR" or "ENG" in the description. Unless they have SKUs for their internal display items and some are English and some are French.
  • Reply 22 of 36
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brd841 View Post

I agree that having separate SKUs for English and French iPads is foolish, but the screen shot shows items with "FR" or "ENG" in the description.

It makes sense those are for Mac keyboard layouts, not for the iPad.
  • Reply 23 of 36
    Wow, that actually makes sense! I'll shut up now...
  • Reply 24 of 36
    Quote:

I'm not sure how you are coming to that conclusion...

18 "Dummy SKUs" are listed in the shot. There are at least 6 new iPads coming. 12 if you count ENG and FR versions. I'm still under the impression that we will see another class of iPad that will have a front facing camera. That would take the total count for new products well past the 18 listed SKUs...

Not to rain on your parade, but SKUs for the extras as well, dock, keyboard, case, etc.,
  • Reply 25 of 36
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AdamIIGS View Post

Not to rain on your parade, but SKUs for the extras as well, dock, keyboard, case, etc.,

Oh yeah. Two just for the new keyboards, assuming they already carry the Bluetooth versions.
  • Reply 26 of 36
    mrrmrr Posts: 69member
    So when does the MAC PRO Tower come out?

It has been over a year since the last update.
  • Reply 27 of 36
    I can't wait. I need a new Macbook Pro already!
  • Reply 28 of 36
    Best Buy?

I'd rather get it from Wal-Mart.
  • Reply 29 of 36
    FWIW, the Apple Store in Japan has announced an iPod/Mac bundle offer at their educational store to coincide with the start of the new school year (April in Japan). They offer to reimburse up to 19800 yen (roughly $210+) if you buy a Mac w/ an iPod.

Last year, this offer ran until the end of April but this year, it runs until May 25th. I'm wondering if that means a new iPod Touch product is arriving around the end of May...
  • Reply 30 of 36
    This could mean:

New Mac Minis

New Mac Pros

New Macbook Pros

New Macbook Air

All the iPad models

...at least hope.
  • Reply 31 of 36
    Quote:

I'm not sure how you are coming to that conclusion...

18 "Dummy SKUs" are listed in the shot. There are at least 6 new iPads coming. 12 if you count ENG and FR versions. I'm still under the impression that we will see another class of iPad that will have a front facing camera. That would take the total count for new products well past the 18 listed SKUs...

I got this link http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/

from another forum and it's crazy if you really stop and think about what Apple has on it's plate. With the release of windows mobile 7, apple has to come out with something soon to which will enhance the iphone, not just the speed of the thing. It needs to be a great deal more, can't use the app store for all we need the iphone for. The phone needs to be a great device without the app store bailing it out all the time.

New MBP

iPad

Mac Pro

Apple Display

I would think they need to help out the Macbook Air because some of the new ultrathin laptop pc out there have some pretty good features. So update that soon.

iPhone software/firmware...

That is a lot of heavy refresh!
  • Reply 32 of 36
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FoxDavis View Post

I got this link http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/

from another forum and it's crazy if you really stop and think about what Apple has on it's plate. With the release of windows mobile 7, apple has to come out with something soon to which will enhance the iphone, not just the speed of the thing. It needs to be a great deal more, can't use the app store for all we need the iphone for. The phone needs to be a great device without the app store bailing it out all the time.

New MBP

iPad

Mac Pro

Apple Display

I would think they need to help out the Macbook Air because some of the new ultrathin laptop pc out there have some pretty good features. So update that soon.

iPhone software/firmware...

That is a lot of heavy refresh!

Yikes good point. That sure is a lot the plate, I hadn't thought about anything but MBPs! The Mac Pro is ridiculously outdated having gone a whole year without an update (esp. at its price that is). MBP isn't far behind. Only an absolute Apple apologist (of which I am not one, at least mostly) would defend that crap. Of course iPad has to get out the door. iPhone is beginning to need an update although it would be reasonable to hold off a few months, but Apple at least has to tell developers what is coming. Displays could use updating, it's been YEARS. Apparently they are coming out with 3D or something according to Macrumors. Mac Mini is getting crusty for its price, so is iMac. It's been a while since they updated anything really except the MacBooks, and even those could now use the new Intel chips. Kind of bizarre they didn't release the MacBook Pros a week or two ago actually, considering all the other updates they'll probably unleash. Unless they want to release all this crazy stuff in one day perhaps? Won't this all detract from iPad hoopla?

Hope for...Next Tuesday!!!!!!
  • Reply 33 of 36
    *this space intentionally left blank*
  • Reply 34 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by s4mb4 View Post

im going to just order mine from apple.com

In CA, amazon == no sales tax, usually free shipping.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sippincider View Post

Best Buy?

I'd rather get it from Wal-Mart.

Never spent a penny in Wal-Mart, never will.
  • Reply 35 of 36
    The Best Buy close to my house just started selling Apple products a few months ago and I saw a banner for the iPad outside the store the other day.
  • Reply 36 of 36
    am buying from Ebay, their auto refund procedure is really cool