Apple iPad production hit by 'manufacturing bottleneck' - report

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 86
    steviet02steviet02 Posts: 594member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DocNo42 View Post

Yeah, the 27" iMac that's number 9 and 10 on the Amazon top 10 list (trending up, BTW). Yup, the computer with those miserable four out of five stars in the reviews.

You are absolutely right, it's a complete disaster!

The context of the reply was in response to shipping products before they were ready to ship. Do you want to argue they were ready to ship?

Try and read the posts before responding so you have full context of the responses.

On another note, it's great to see Amazon is now the frame of reference for sales.
  • Reply 82 of 86
    nkhmnkhm Posts: 928member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by steviet02 View Post

The context of the reply was in response to shipping products before they were ready to ship. Do you want to argue they were ready to ship?

Try and read the posts before responding so you have full context of the responses.

On another note, it's great to see Amazon is now the frame of reference for sales.

Well as one of the largest on-line retailers, I'd say it was a great frame of reference.

I'd also argue that the 27" iMac was ready to ship - nine first generation units here - no issues. No one else I know with one of these reporting errors of any kind. (That's a lie, one friend had a faulty power cable, but I think one mechanical error now and again is part of life).
  • Reply 83 of 86
    steviet02steviet02 Posts: 594member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nkhm View Post

Well as one of the largest on-line retailers, I'd say it was a great frame of reference.

I'd also argue that the 27" iMac was ready to ship - nine first generation units here - no issues. No one else I know with one of these reporting errors of any kind. (That's a lie, one friend had a faulty power cable, but I think one mechanical error now and again is part of life).

Just because you didn't have an issue doesn't mean there wasn't a manufacturing issue. There clearly was and after over two months (?) of replacing units apple admitted so themselves. If they admitted it is it fair to say they had an issue in their manufacturing?

It can only be a frame of reference if you know how many are being sold. So the Mac Mini is higher than the 27" iMac, that must mean that the mini is a better machine, by your standard.
  • Reply 84 of 86
    dbossmondbossmon Posts: 29member
    Apple wants to release Quality products not crap.
  • Reply 85 of 86
    elmcitywebelmcityweb Posts: 109member
    CNET.com is saying Wired was told by Apple that ""iPad will be available in late March."

We'll soon see.
  • Reply 86 of 86
    myapplelovemyapplelove Posts: 1,515member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Icesnake View Post

What's the problem? Is there a shortage of child labor in the Apple factories? Or did the fact that the number of people who "definitely want" the iPad dropped after they found out what the product is make Jobs decide he needed to work harder on his Jedi mind control kills, and put production on the back burner?

Do. Not. Want. In fact, after the multiple iTunes debacles and the AT&T iPhone lock-in, I don't ever want ANY Apple product.

You don't deserve an apple product. And btw check the top bar on your browser, it has something known as a web address, helps being in the right place and not embarrassing oneself.